Hello from Tynemouth

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
harry7mc
Acolyte

Hello from Tynemouth

Unread post by harry7mc »

Newbie Here, Have used Minolta gear on & off for some while from srt101 thro a vectis (Still in the family)
currrently Have D5 with leness inc 500 MirrorAF,
Will post images eventually
the more i practice the luckier i get
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

We were down at the Whitley Bay Kite Festival weekend before last - that was a good place for a few interesting shots.

Cheers - David
harry7mc
Acolyte

Kite Festival

I was there on the Saturday with my Daughter & Grand Children it was very interesting. pity the weather was not better
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

We ate one of the hot dogs and some mini doughnuts - mistake! Took a week to reset the system to normal operation :-)

We actually hit Whitley Bay thinking of looking for a seafood stall (cockles, that sort of stuff). You just can't find any and we were too far south of Seahouses. It was good day. First we landed up in Alnwick during the music festival, good pix - Shirley on 18-250mm Tamron getting excellent close-ups while I held 16mm at arm's height over the heads of the crowd to get some overall views. Then Whitley Bay - then back to Alnwick for Barter Books which produced the usual two or three great finds.

Our pictures of Alnwick and the Kite Festival passed QC on Alamy today, and will go on sale by Friday. We were very lucky because we pulled in at the north end of the green, and the sun came out and lit up the Spanish City dome - Shirley had the 18-250mm, and a long shot really put the kites into perspective against an ultimate Whitley Bay background:

She got a few similar views, changing light, never quite strong enough on the dome but we felt much better as a record of the event than the stuff we shot from in the spectator area.

This is also a chance to do a first test - embedding a Gallery pic in a Forum post. I actually found the Gallery quite tricky to use after logging in as Shirley. Others obviously have not found it too bad.

David
harry7mc
Acolyte

Kite Festival

Hi David,
Love shirley's picture, a good impression of the event.
Next you are down this way go to North Shields fish quay there are some good seafood places there.
Harry H
ps how did you send picture?