Greetings from Chicago, IL!

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
RomeoD
Acolyte

Greetings from Chicago, IL!

Unread post by RomeoD »

The Alpha is my first DSLR. My last SLR is a Canon Rebel 35mm (before the popup flash). Prior to that I had a Canon AE-1 Program.

I had purchased the A100 last year in August 2006. Because of the digital technology, I had confirmed what I thought previously with my film SLRs - that I did not know how to take a good photograph. I take fair snapshots and that was that. I had attended a photography seminar last July 2007 in the Chicago area instructed by Gary Friedman. I am very grateful for his guidance from years of experience. I feel that I am much better but still need much more to fully understand what a DSLR can do in the hands of a photographic artist and also to develop a seasoned photographer's mindset.

I absolutely love taking pictures. It's very therapeutic to me. I am so relaxed when I am photographing. I compare it to fishing. You might not get what you want in the first few tries but with patience and experience, the big catch is out there. I always have my eyes and ears open for photographic tips and techniques. I have purchased books and magazines just to have a fair understanding of exposure and what as well as how to meter properly - so much to input.

I have always been a SONY technology fan. I love their products. They have always been at the forefront except for the SLR market... until now. What a great start!

I am happy with the SONY buyout of Konica Minolta. KM has always been stretching the technology of cameras and brava to them! But I do feel that their business sense isn't quite on the edge which led to the other camera companies' ability to catch up and then their own buyout. I believe that SONY will bring this edge. With the KM engineers and SONY's business savvyness, They will find it hard to fail.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
-Romeo

SONY Alpha 100 (SOLD)
SONY Alpha 700
Sigma 24-135mm f/2.8-4.5
Sigma 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 D (SOLD)
Tamron 18-250mm (SOLD)
SONY 18-250mm
SLIK 700DX with a Manfrotto 322RC2 ballhead
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Hi! How do you find the Ridata card compares to the Sandisk?

David
RomeoD
Acolyte

Unread post by RomeoD »

No failures for either. Have not tested them in extreme weather yet. The only test I have done was to shoot RAW continously. The SanDisk took 2 more shots than the RiDATA out of I don't remember how many. It was the first thing I did when I received the SanDisk - I was bored. But to answer your question - for everyday shooting with the Alpha, they are practically the same. I have dropped both several times already on pavement and on stones in the lakefront and again, still no failures. No complaints at all.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
-Romeo

SONY Alpha 100 (SOLD)
SONY Alpha 700
Sigma 24-135mm f/2.8-4.5
Sigma 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 D (SOLD)
Tamron 18-250mm (SOLD)
SONY 18-250mm
SLIK 700DX with a Manfrotto 322RC2 ballhead