Welcome from a new member

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Ralpheyesight
Initiate

Welcome from a new member

Unread post by Ralpheyesight »

:) Hello I am Ralph Bennett ARPS from the east midlands. I was long time user of Minolta equipment till they failed to produce a digital SLR.
Did have one of the first Dimages but slow read time and short battery life did for me and I purchased a Canon 300D. I was very pleased with for two years, till I decided to upgrade to a 350D. Had two faulty units just as Sony announced the Alpha so plumped for that. Have been very pleased with it for over a year.
Took most of the Minolta mags and have a great pile of Minolta Mirrors books. Also have been a keen supporter of Davids other publications all the versions of F2 right from when it was a free paper issue. Can't say I am happy with the way the new owners have progressed it, but no doubt it will have its fans.
Joined Photoclub Alpha a couple of months ago and the first issue if the mag answered all my questions about the flash system on the Alpha, used along with the Sigma flash gun, I was finding it to be a bit erratic.
These notes are now progressing from a welcome note.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Another one with a loft full of old paper!

Welcome Ralph. I am not that happy with the way they have handled f2 either - there seems to be a brief to choose the most boring photography possible and then present in a way which makes it even more boring, but that's a current trend.

At least with Photoworld, there's no agenda to be arty, or reflect what goes into galleries described as art. If something looks interesting I can print it, amateur or pro, old-fashioned or completely off the wall. It probably annoys Sony just like it annoyed Minolta. Not enough bad photography!

David
Ralpheyesight
Initiate

Unread post by Ralpheyesight »

Didn't think it was just me. I also see much of the same work in the RPS journal, same editors.
Its a shame, in your control it was good personally written magazine.