Hi from Holland

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
CableTalk
Acolyte

Hi from Holland

Unread post by CableTalk »

Hi all,

Just joined this forum.

I bought my Sony Alpha 100 a couple of months ago. Although it's my first dSLR, I am not new to (digital) photography.
But when switching over to dSLR, it feels like I have to start all over again but IMO that brings a lot of fun.

After using my Nikon F601 for many years, with a Sony DSC-W1 alongside for holidays and "the easy shots" I moved over to dSLR.

Look and feel was the decisionmaker to let met choose the Alpha 100 over the Pentax K10D. I bought the camera with the Sony 18-200mm lens. This all-rounder will be my standard gear for most occasions.

While quite happy with the 18-200mm, I also bought some second-hand glass to to find out with what specific ranges fit me best before investing in desirable but expensive Carl Zeiss glass.
Recent purchases were a Minolta 100-300 zoom and a Cosina 19-35mm zoom.

If I was to set some goals for the renewed hobby, the main focus on short term is to get familiar with the digital workflow and improve my skills here, apart from getting fully used to the equipment itself. I am very new to PhotoShop and derivates and have to find out almost everything here. Actually, it is bringing a whole new dimension which I think is fun.

So far for my introduction!
Carlj
Heirophant

Unread post by Carlj »

Welcome to the club CT!

Thing I love about this hobby is that you never stop learning! As least I don't - one day I'll get it right, then hang up the camera :P
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I doubt the Cosina zoom will be better than the 18-200mm - they were very low cost - but keep it anyway, because one day you might have a full frame Sony DSLR. The 100-300mm is a good tele choice. You should look out for a fast lens like a 50mm f1.7 to give you something different.

David
Doug
Acolyte

Unread post by Doug »

Hi CableTalk and welcome to the forum
Doug
CableTalk
Acolyte

Unread post by CableTalk »

Thanks all!

The 50mm 1.7 is next on my list. This seems hard to find at reasonable price in Holland, but I'm not in a rush to get it. My sample will get by one day :wink:
Regards,
Edwin