New member from Southwest Scotland.

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
radiochris
Acolyte

New member from Southwest Scotland.

Unread post by radiochris »

Hello all,

New forum member signing in from Southwest Scotland.

Have a Canon 400d and Minolta 5D, for some reason I seem to take better photographs with the Minolta. Its like an extension of my arm. The Canon on the other hand is hard work. I took both cameras with similar lens (70-300mm) to photograph some wild stags during the rutting season last month. The Canon was useless, yet the Minolta produced some stunning images. See here http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2110/205 ... b2fdb5.jpg

Am thinking of trading in the Canon and getting a Sony Alpha. The only problem being flashguns. Budget probably won't run to the A700 unless they bring the body only price down drastically after Xmas, I've heard rumours that there's a A100 replacement in the wings after Christmas. Has anyone else heard this rumour?

Chris
Chris Frear
http://www.frearphoto.co.uk
Scotland
Carlj
Heirophant

Unread post by Carlj »

Welcome Chris!

There's always rumours - not sure if Sony would do much with the 10mp sensors at the moment, unless they've a cmos version - but you never know!
Carl
Omega892
Oligarch

Re: New member from Southwest Scotland.

Unread post by Omega892 »

radiochris wrote:Hello all,

New forum member signing in from Southwest Scotland.

Am thinking of trading in the C*n*n and getting a Sony Alpha. The only problem being flashguns. Budget probably won't run to the A700 unless they bring the body only price down drastically after Xmas, I've heard rumours that there's a A100 replacement in the wings after Christmas. Has anyone else heard this rumour?

Chris
Welcome Chris. Scotland is a place I got to know whilst stationed at Arbroath in the 1960s, I spent much time trogging the glens and hills in Coe (took a tumble down that saddle on the north side of the Buchaille Etive Mor whilst glissading), Nevis, Esk, Clova, Quich and the Cairngorms and more.

Been up and around Ardnamurchan more recently but the weather was clagged most of the time except for the day we left for the south. There had been a fresh snowfall overnight and I was itching to get a shot of the Buchaille Etive Mor but the driver ignored my pleas to stop!!

Plans to go there again next year.

As for Cnn v Minolta and Alpha, good to hear of your experience. I wouldn't mind betting that more would move if they had a fair comparison and avoided the sheeple mentality. But then I am biased.
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Hi Chris. There is a new model due for January/Feb, already in production, slightly like a cross between the style of the A700 and A100 - exact details not yet known, but it is an improved 10 megapixel.

When I was wee they had me down to go to Ecclefechan, but moved south, and I avoided that fate :-)

David