New(ish) member from Bristol

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
MFP

New(ish) member from Bristol

Unread post by MFP »

Hi all

Thought I had better introduce myself. I'm Alan and live near Bristol (UK). I have used Minolta bodies for a long time now but originally it was only for holiday snaps and not much else. Then in February 05 I took the plunge and got myself a 7D but still not really moved forward with what I used it for, apart from joinig a running club and taking pictures at races.

Then in December 05 I was asked to help produce a club calendar (yes, one of those!) and linked up with the husband of another member. It's really all taken off from there.

With my interest in music, I started taking pictures at festivals (mostly folk) and put together a gallery, calling myself Music Festival Photos

http://www.musicfestivalphotos.co.uk

I am just beginng to get requests to use some of my work and to get passes to festivals and concerts.

This however is causing me a problem, with the lack of availability of reasonably affordable lenses. But thats for another thread.

Really pleased to join this group, espeecially with David around.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hi
Enjoyed looking your photos Mr. Cole. By the way, do you still keep that Zorki?
MFP

Unread post by MFP »

Thanks for looking.

Unfortunately I don't have the Zorki, although I still have the memories.

Looking back, I wish I had kept it but at the time my feelings about photography were some what different to that of today.