Hello from McKinney Texas

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Juanito200
Viceroy

Hello from McKinney Texas

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Hello to all- My name is John, and about 4 months ago upgraded my Minolta 8000i to an a200. Since the switch I have learned much, and look forward to learning more here. This is a hobby for me, but one that I am becoming more and more passionate about. I may even sell my old Maserati Biturbo project to fund my photography hobby... I know my wife wouldn't mind!!! I look forward to learning from all. Thanks, John :)
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
bonneville
Grand Caliph

Re: Hello from McKinney Texas

Unread post by bonneville »

Hello John. Looks like I am the first to welcome you to the very best Minolta/Sony forum on the interweb.

But I'll not be the only one and we're looking forward to seeing some pictures from your a200.

Brian
Links to my: Flickr Blog Twitter
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Brian is right, he won't be the only one welcoming you. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Welcome! I used to have an aunt and uncle who lived in McKinney. Feel free to post photos anytime.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Here are a few of my favorites. At some point I want to make a flikr or other online gallery to show more of my photos. Comments/ criticism welcome. John
Attachments
butterfly.jpg
(56.55 KiB) Downloaded 1764 times
heron.jpg
(36.13 KiB) Downloaded 1764 times
silo silhoutte.JPG
(34.13 KiB) Downloaded 1764 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Welcome, John! I have to say, it's good to know another Alpha shooter in the area. I've already seen a lot of your pictures but I look forward to sharing with you in these forums, too. Also, Maserati Biturbo?! Pics please!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Juanito200
Viceroy

Will do, but I have to move a few things to get to it!
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Nice photos, John. I think I like the first one the best.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Thanks for the feedback! That is one of my favorite shots to date. It was really a complete accident. I had taken dozens of photos of those grain silos in downtown McKinney, and hadn't been happy with the results. I accidentally left the AEL locked from my previous shot of something else, and voila, :wink: a nice silhouette! By the way, I went to your website and saw some of your fantastic photos! I really admire your skill. Thanks again, John