Hello From Cornwall UK

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Southsnapper
Acolyte

Hello From Cornwall UK

Unread post by Southsnapper »

Hi, I'm Robert, after a few teething problems I'm glad to say I finally managed to get registered.

I have an A200, 18-70mm kit lens, currently away being repaired and a 70-300mm Konica Minolta.

I'm slowly getting to grips with a DSLR after only ever owning point and shoots, Olympus, Nikon and a Fufji S9600 bridge camera.

I look forward to gleaning tips from you all and am very impressed with the standard of photography here, a great commendation for Sony camera's

Robert :D
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Hello From Cornwall UK

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Robert, a big welcome from me. I am constantly amazed by the breadth and depth of knowledge of people on the forum so I am sure you will find answers, help and suggestions here. There is also an interesting mix of photgraphy interests from all over the globe so there are great pictures as well.

Cornwall is a beautiful county with some great costal scenery. I hope you will be able to share some with us. I expect that at this time of year you feel a bit under siege from the tourists - is it busier than normal this year with the Stay-cationers?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

A big hello from me too, Robert. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Welcome to the forum! I hope you get your gear fixed soon so you can post some photos.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Welcome. I am a newbie here as well, and shoot with the same camera. I think that you will find it a nice step up from the P&S world. Everybody here has been great! We look foward to seeing your work!
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
bonneville
Grand Caliph

Unread post by bonneville »

Hi Robert, big welcome from bonneville.

Up until 4 years ago I lived in the SW, although not so far down, in Somerset. However work relocation brought me to Rutland. We all look forward to some images from the Cornish fishing villages and maybe from the moors.

Don't be shy in asking for comments and advice here as there is a wealth of experience and the friendliest photography forum community you'll find.

Have you checked out David's "parent" site Photoclubalpha ? Tons of articles and an opportunity to read back copies of Photoworld magazine.

Brian
Links to my: Flickr Blog Twitter