Alpha 700 owner in Paris, France

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
cartoline
Acolyte

Alpha 700 owner in Paris, France

Unread post by cartoline »

Hi,
I am a French woman living and working in Paris and the US, using photography in her work. I am a therapist working with mothers and babies, helping them when emotional bonds are difficult, or when they have been diagnosed as suffering from maternal depression. The photos are on the spot, emotional pictures of bodies, looks, eyes searching the other and not meeting, sadness, joy, not studio photos. I use them afterwards in my sessions with mothers to help them "see" things they can't otherwise see about themselves, the photos also help to repair their image of themselves, and what they say about them show the therapist in which state of mind they are, and if they are working their way out of depression, and how. This is a fascinating approach of photography, which I call phototherapy. I am currently working on a book with texts and photos.
I used at first a Nikon D40X which was offered to me, but felt attracted to the Sony Alpha 700 when I saw it and tried it last September in Paris at le Salon de la Photo. I now own one, and am extremely pleased with it, use if for all my photos with mothers. Unconsciously, I might have chosen it at the origin because of its Alpha sign, which reminds me of the theory of the "good mother" digesting the sensations of the worlds in her eyes for her baby, the Alpha function for psychoanalyst Bion. SO no wonder I started using it with mothers ! :D
Sony Alpha 700. Sony 50mm 1.4, Sony 18-250mm, Sigma EX 10-20mm, Sony 75-300mm
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Alpha 700 owner in Paris, France

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Am I glad to see here someone else using photography in health, also with A700. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
cartoline
Acolyte

Am I glad too to see your beautiful photos on your blog :D
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Welcome! Your application sounds interesting, and maybe one day we can publish something in our magazine about your work. I've seen the effects of these problems more than once, and anything you can do to help postnatal depression is worth a lot.

David
cartoline
Acolyte

Thank you David,
Very few people are aware of it, and I was thrilled to read your comment
If you want to see some of the photos, please let me know
All my best
Valérie
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

If you have a website or any further explanation of how you use pictures, let me know. Yes, I would be interested in seeing something.

David
cartoline
Acolyte

I do not have a website, but I can explain in a few words the way the pictures are used and I can send you a few photos via Picasa webmail for example or any other adress you wish
Valérie