Advice...A700 or A350

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
papafritch1

Advice...A700 or A350

Unread post by papafritch1 »

HI...I consider myself to be an amature though maybe a little advanced. I started with Minolta many, many years ago with my first SRT-102 and have gradually moved up over the years with each "new" generation of Minoltas untill I had the Maxxum 800. I switched to digital and purchased the Minolta 7d (about 2 weeks before Minolta sold out to Sony). I love the 7D but would like to move up from the 6.1 megapixels and I was considering the A700 until I noticed Sony's introduction of the A350. I shoot primarily wildlife and landscapes. I have looked at both side-by-side comparisons but still have problems
making a decision on which way to go. Any advice I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you from Dave in Ohio, USA.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Advice...A700 or A350

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hi Dave,
I prefer A700 and I think it will suit you more, specially since you're a 7D user. Anyway look also in http://www.mhohner.de. :roll:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
papafritch1

Unread post by papafritch1 »

Hi Dr. Harout,

Thank you for your reply...I am probably going to get the A700...your review was extremely helpful. I noticed
your "Photo of the Month" and had to chuckle...I just returned from Arches, Canyonlands and Monument Valley this week. So beautiful and the weather was perfect for hiking and photography! Thank you again...Dave
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

:oops: I think you misunderstood about the link, http://www.mhohner.de is not my personal site, but one of my favourites. It's one of those rare sites (along with this site and dyxum.com) where you could really find objective information.
Some of my pictures can be reviewed at the link just beneath these lines. Would be glad to hear comments and critiques.
And congratulations with your decision.
Happy shooting
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr