Hi from Cranbrook, BC, Canada

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Mr_Canuck
Acolyte

Hi from Cranbrook, BC, Canada

Unread post by Mr_Canuck »

I'm a fairly new (and immensely happy) a700 owner, and new to this forum. After six years of point-and-shoot digitals, having sold off my film slr in '00, I am happily back in slr-land. I have found that the a700 is about the perfect camera for my set of requirements. I love doing landscapes and nature shots (we live in the mountains). I do a lot of family paparazzi, and I enjoy some creative/abstract shooting though need to experiment a lot more with this. I also enjoy event shooting, and may tag along with a wedding photographer friend. After I got my a700, I stumbled across a dream-lot of Minolta lenses on Craigslist here in BC. So I got some lenses I never thought I'd find or be able to afford: 35f2, 135f2.8, 200f2.8. Also have a 50f1.7 and beercan. So, I continue my quest to determine the best wide/zoom/walkaround lens – and I should be done my shopping hopefully for some time. Look forward to some discussion in the future...
- Jeff
a850 | 28-135 | 70-300G | 20/2.8 | 35/2 | 50/2.8M | 100/02 | 200f2.8 | HVL-20FA | 3600HS | Border Collie X
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Hi from Cranbrook, BC, Canada

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Excellent choice you made (well, that refers to me too, cause I'm too a A700 owner).
As for the quest for wide/zoom walkaround lens may I suggest 2 such lenses: the phenomenal 16-80 Sony-Zeiss and the quite good 16-105 Sony.
Happy shooting.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Glyn R
Initiate

Re: Hi from Cranbrook, BC, Canada

Unread post by Glyn R »

Welcome. As an A350 owner I am doing my best to reduce the supply of Minolta lenses in Canada. I have just bought 2 Minolta AF from Canada. Seems to be a lot of Sony/Minolta interest there. :D
The older I get the better I used to be.