Hi from Dorset

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Tenbears10
Acolyte

Hi from Dorset

Unread post by Tenbears10 »

I've had an A200 for just over a year now and been adding a couple of lens for it. I concentrate mostly on family pictures and holidays with the kids. I enjoy landscapes and I have been to Bournemouth Air Show in 2009 and 2010. I go to a camera club through work once a month to hopefully pick up a few tips.

Now I'm really interested in the NEX cameras wondering if it would be more suitable for the kind of photography I seem to do most of. I'm not going to be turning pro anytime soon.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Hi from Dorset

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Basically, no, the NEX will not be better for airshows; yes, it will be pretty good for landscapes because of the higher resolution. You would be well advised to consider the new A55 or A33 for your preferred subjects, and they will also take your existing lenses. I love the NEX but it's not a long-lens option, and everything else which the NEX does for family shooting (face detection, smile shutter, videos, etc) is also found in the A33 or 55.

David
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Tenbears10 - welcome to the forum from me as well. Please do drop by the "give it your best shot" threads and show us some of your photos as we all like to see pictures :D . I think there is also a pretty universal interest in new gear so let us know how you get on with your Nex v. A33/55 decisions.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Tenbears10
Acolyte

Unread post by Tenbears10 »

Thanks for the welcome guys.

David I didn't realise the A55 and 33 included those things. I have read that the NEX is not a body to use long lens on but then it seems strange that the e to a mount adaptor will basically support all of the very expensive, and mostly long lens, SSM lenses.