Hi from Holland

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
mvanrheenen

Hi from Holland

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Hello everybody,

My name is Mark, 29 years of age, and I'm a beginner in the world of photography from Holland.

Recently I bought my first DSLR: a Sony Alpha a390. I wanted to learn more about the system and photography in general and so, after reading tons and tons of info, I'm beginning to grasp a little bit of what's technically and artistically important about photography. I visited a lot of forums and came to the conclusion this one has the most "mature" responding members of them all (not including the occasional rants :D), so I joined.

I started wanted to get more out of my snapshots every time I travelled (one of my passions) to a foreign country and was captured by the beauty of nature and the landscapes of those places. I wanted to take that home with me, but was unable to with my photographic skills and equipment at the time. Finally, when visiting the beautiful island of Madeira last year, I was fed up with not being able to document the wonderful nature, land- and seascapes I have seen there. So this year, I decided to change all that and here I am :-)

Luckily, as of yet, my girlfriend still supports me in the time I spend reading and learning about photography. My one true passion is playing music (trumpet in a big band), but photography is rising up there fast.

So, I hope I can learn a lot from being here and am looking forward to contributing where I can.

If anyone has some computer related problems, let me know. My boss says that knowing a lot about the damn things is what I get paid for :P

Mark
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Hi from Holland

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Welcome Mark and thanks for the offer of computer help. What we need right now is someone who can control the weather instead :-)

The A390 will give you really excellent travel/landscape results, especially if you can work at ISO 100 and use careful technique. It has one of the most attractive image qualities and colour renderings (along with the A350/380).

David
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Welcome to Photo Club Alpha, Mark. : )

Looking forward to your photos taken with the A390 and any piece of information on computers is always welcome as well, on my part. : ))

Yildiz
mvanrheenen

David Kilpatrick wrote:Welcome Mark and thanks for the offer of computer help. What we need right now is someone who can control the weather instead :-)
Hi David, thank you for your welcome!

If I could control the weather, I would. Down here, it' just started snowing and I fear for the trafficjams I'll be in when I go home.
David Kilpatrick wrote:The A390 will give you really excellent travel/landscape results, especially if you can work at ISO 100 and use careful technique. It has one of the most attractive image qualities and colour renderings (along with the A350/380).

David
Photography has many similarities with making music: it's not about the gear, but about the person using it. I have no doubt the camera will do it's job for me. I know hope I can learn enough in time to use it with some good results.

I know about the noisy higher ISO results of the camera. I don't mind right now.

Cheers!

Mark

EDIT: @aster: if you want any help, just ask. As an IT-guy, I'm pretty much always online (except when I sleep :P)
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hi Mark and a big and warm welcome.
What lens/lenses are you using?
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

mvanrheenen wrote:EDIT: @aster: if you want any help, just ask. As an IT-guy, I'm pretty much always online (except when I sleep :P)
Thank you, Mark. :D

I truly appreciate that !

Yildiz
mvanrheenen

Dr. Harout wrote:Hi Mark and a big and warm welcome.
What lens/lenses are you using?
Hello Dr. Harout,

Well, currently, I'm just on the two kit lenses 28-55 and 55-200.

I am however, awaiting the delivery of a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM and am pondering the purchase of the Samyang 14mm f/2.8. That should be enough to get me started with some good quality, fast lenses.

I'm in need of a new tripod too as I stepped on mine and broke it in... well, broke it good :-)
aster wrote:Thank you, Mark.

I truly appreciate that !

Yildiz
Hello Yildiz,

You are most welcome!

Mark