greetings from Belgium

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
alphamember
Acolyte

greetings from Belgium

Unread post by alphamember »

Hello fellow members

I visite this site for quite a while now. Now finaly I registered myself.
I live in Belgium and my aunt give me a camera when I was 12 years old. It was a Agfa Clack (6 by 9 cm film). And yes it didn't steal his name: It sounds like "clack" when you took a picture with it.
In the mean while I am 55 years old and I'm still photographing. After the Agfa I got me a Balda Baldessa (still have it) and it was a great cam. I took thousands of slides with it.

I've had two Canons SLR's. I wasn't very pleased by the quality of the shots at that time and sold them.
After that I started with Minolta (7000) because of the auto focus feature. What a great cam that was.
I still have a 7xi that I purchased because of the tracking (anticipating) focus modus.
in 2004 I went to digital photography with the Sony F828 and I got my wife a Sony H1 and after that a Sony H2. She doesn't know anything about photography, but she has an eye for composition. So I gathered some of here pictures in my albums (http://picasaweb.google.be/alphamember): see landscapes and people albums. She is a world traveler and so she has many occasions for taking nice shots.

I bought one of the firsts A100's. Still have it and use it for macroshots (with the Sigma 180mm macro and a 2X TC, it becomes a 540 mm in 35 mm terms) because of the excellent sharpness of that cam. The A700 that I have for 6 months now is used for all the rest because of the nice user interface and the great DRO. But the A700 doesn't take shots that sharp as the A100 does but is better for landscape photography, IMHO.

Please feel free to take a look at my albums (see link above, use slideshow modus because of the better quality, but not as good as the originals) and leave some comments be it positive or negative, suggestions etc.

In general I like my shot as natural as posible. So not to much hocus spocus in PP.

And please forgive me my bad English as I rarely use it.

cheers

Rob
Last edited by alphamember on Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: greetings from Belgium

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I do like the old tractor shot you took on the A700 in June. Great antique treatment of the image.

David
alphamember
Acolyte

Thx David.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

In fact if you can send a large file (2100 x 1400) to my email [email protected] I'll consider it for the Gallery in Photoworld.

David
alphamember
Acolyte

Hi David

I've sent it to you. Hope it arrives well as it is still 2.4 MB.

best regards

Rob
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Our email is a very fast broadband and everything is received by a mailserver, we are only 50 yards from the main telephone exchange, and 2.4MB is no problem - I just don't like getting 20-30MB at a time, that's all!

David