Hello from Tampa, Florida, USA

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Maxxum7+vc-7

Hello from Tampa, Florida, USA

Unread post by Maxxum7+vc-7 »

Hello to all, I recently inherited an old 7000i kit that included the 2800 flash, control grip set, several creative cards and 35-105 lens. I have been a faithful canonite in the digital world but decided to use this kit to rekindle an old flame with film. While searching the internet for additional information on the camera (and Minolta's AF product line) I absolutely fell in love with the Maxxum 7 - so, I now have a Maxxum 7 & vc-7 arriving shortly and can't wait to start shooting some film again with that beast :lol: I do not even know enough about Minolta or Sony to be dangerous so I am here to gain knowledge while I make room for a new brand of kit to share my bag with :lol:

Peace
Mark
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Hello from Tampa, Florida, USA

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Welcome Mark. It happens that going from film to digital I made a jump from Nikon to A-mount (Sony, that is) and I do not regret it....... yet :mrgreen:
We are a peaceful community here, so I'm sure you'll surf here a lot. You can even post your shots with whatever camera.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Mark - welcome from me as well. As the Doc says, we're always happy to see pictures from any brand of camera or kit :D .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
[SiC]
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by [SiC] »

Warm welcome to this wonderful forum! :-)
Looking forward to see some photos.

Br,
Zeb!
Sony A700, A580, Nex-5t, KM D7D & VC-7D, M Dynax 500si
KM 17-35 F2.8-4 D, M 50 F1.7 RS, M 135 F2.8, M 28-100 F3.5-5.6 D, M 100-200 F4.5, T 70-300 F4-5.6 Di USD, S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 SAM, S 18-70 F3.5-5.6
Sony hvl-f42s, Minolta 3600 HS D
Sony Z1C & Z2
Maxxum7+vc-7

Unread post by Maxxum7+vc-7 »

Birma wrote:Hi Mark - welcome from me as well. As the Doc says, we're always happy to see pictures from any brand of camera or kit :D .
[SiC] wrote:Warm welcome to this wonderful forum! :-)
Looking forward to see some photos.

Br,
Zeb!
Dr. Harout wrote:Welcome Mark. It happens that going from film to digital I made a jump from Nikon to A-mount (Sony, that is) and I do not regret it....... yet :mrgreen:
We are a peaceful community here, so I'm sure you'll surf here a lot. You can even post your shots with whatever camera.
Thanks guys. I have been having a blast with the Maxxum 7!!! If I had seen this back then, I would have gone all in for Minolta. I shot with a Canon T90 until it died in 2004, tried a D200 & Fuji S5 Pro in 2005 & 2006, then went all in and became a Canonite with the 5D, 1D Mark 3 and 7D.

Peace
Mark