Hello from Croatia

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Alpha_Zagreb
Initiate

Hello from Croatia

Unread post by Alpha_Zagreb »

Hello to all of you!

I'm from Zagreb, capital of Croatia, 22 years old.

All my life i love photography, but three years ago I decided to buy DSLR. Reason is simple: I work as a journalist, and by giving text and photography, my wage is bigger.:)

After long doubts about wich brand will i use, the decision was to buy Sony A350X and his two kit lenses (18-70 mm and 55-200 mm). I must admit that I'm very proud on the pictures that I've shoot with A350X.

For about two weeks I will buy A77 and I can't wait for the moment to have it in my hands.:)

I have plenty of accessories (flash HVL F58AM and another Yongnuo flash, tripods, wireless truggers, umbrellas, ligh stands...), but don't have lenses. The only lens that I use with the two kit lenses is old Helios 44M4.

But, with this equipement I've done plenty work for respectable clients, and all of them were very satisfied. My photos are regularly published in print media and internet portals.

p.s. sorry for my (bad) english
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Croatia

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Welcome! I have worked with Minolta, and later Sony, since 1975. I can remember picture editors saying they wished all the photographs they saw were of the same technical standard as mine - but their regular photographers rarely used Minolta. My newspaper group, United Newspapers, actually tried to change to Minolta because of the lens quality, but it didn't work - each newspaper stuck with the same make they used - normally Canon.

I know the A350 can produce some of the best colour and detail of any DSLR yet made. You just need to use it correctly.

David
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Alpha_Zagreb - welcome from me as well. Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures from Croatia, and hearing about how you get on with the A77 :D .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
[SiC]
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by [SiC] »

Welcome to the nicest forum around ;-)
Sony A700, A580, Nex-5t, KM D7D & VC-7D, M Dynax 500si
KM 17-35 F2.8-4 D, M 50 F1.7 RS, M 135 F2.8, M 28-100 F3.5-5.6 D, M 100-200 F4.5, T 70-300 F4-5.6 Di USD, S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 SAM, S 18-70 F3.5-5.6
Sony hvl-f42s, Minolta 3600 HS D
Sony Z1C & Z2
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Welcome to the club, Alpha_Zagreb! We look forward to sharing with you and, hopefully, seeing and reading about your part of the world!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Alpha_Zagreb
Initiate

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!

@David: I'm very pleased with A350X. In newspapers where I work - only I have Sony.:) I believe that in a few years the situation will be much better for Sony.

I will try to present you my country with photographs and text.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

A big welcome from me too.
I'm sure you'll enjoy your upcoming a77 as I am now. But you have to get adapted to the EVF (as I am :? ) and the camera as well.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Welcome from me, as well. I love my 350s for their color and detail and just wish they had also stuffed that sensor into the something with the 700's controls and VF!

Post some photos for us, I was supposed to tour Croatia 10 years ago but a new job kept me from it!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Alpha_Zagreb
Initiate

Once again thanks for the warm welcome!

@Dr. Harout: Don't know why, but I'm not afraid of the EVF. Especialy because reviews point out that it is excellent and there is no bigger diference between OVF. How are you now going with it?

@Dusty: It's allways good to see that there are more A350X users. Here in Croatia on the terrain I haven't seen anybody using A350X (I read only on our forums that there are people who uses it). I will post photos, but don't want to spam this forum with lot of pictures. :D Actually, it's like to win on a lottery to see someone using Sony in my country.