Hello all

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
picman
Heirophant

Hello all

Unread post by picman »

Hello all, I have just joined this community a day ago and only now introduce myself and say hello for the simple reason that I could not stop reading all the posts.

I come from a Contax background and I still have my trusted Contax RTS II with several Carl Zeiss lenses (28/2, 60 macro/2.8 and 100/2). Unfortunately it was being used less and less because of the digital lure and a small Sony Cybershot I got. However, having been used to a reflex camera for so long I never really got used to that and always wanted to come back to "the real thing". When Sony came out with the Alpha, it was the availability of the Carl Zeiss lenses which made me go for it. So I started saving and finally, just a month ago, got me an Alpha 700 with vertical grip and the wonderful CZ 24-70 f2.8. This has been a revelation: not only the lens but also the camera is a thing of beauty. (I have some questions which I'll put in the regular section.)

This is a really great forum, congratulations Mr Kilpatrick!

Cheers, Bob.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Hello all

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

You have definitely jumped in with a serious investment - the 24-70mm is an unusual choice for one lens only, but when the A900 appears, you're already equipped to go with it. Welcome!

David
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Welcome Bob. The 24-70 CZ is on my wish list and hope it will not stay that way. As David said you've made a serious investment, and I would just add that it's a right investment. :D
Welcome again.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
bonneville
Grand Caliph

Unread post by bonneville »

I am a relatively newbie here having dipped in and out of several KM/S dedicated sites before settling with this one.

It is small in comparison, but very well formed, and the three aspects that settled it for me in addition to this forum are:
1. the main website http://www.photoclubalpha.com/ that is well presented and stacked with info old and new
2. the very excellent magazine photoworld which I'd recommend you consider subscribing to with that beast of a setup you have
and 3. the man himself who has probably forgotten more than I could hope to learn (having taken up photography in my dottage)

So welcome from me too Bob.
Links to my: Flickr Blog Twitter
marktuma
Initiate

Unread post by marktuma »

Nice to meet you, and I'm envious of your kit ;)
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

bonneville wrote:I am a relatively newbie here having dipped in and out of several KM/S dedicated sites before settling with this one.

It is small in comparison, but very well formed, and the three aspects that settled it for me in addition to this forum are:
1. the main website http://www.photoclubalpha.com/ that is well presented and stacked with info old and new
2. the very excellent magazine photoworld which I'd recommend you consider subscribing to with that beast of a setup you have
and 3. the man himself who has probably forgotten more than I could hope to learn (having taken up photography in my dottage)

So welcome from me too Bob.
Sorry to change subject, but trying to send a PM to Bonneville. Please Brian send me your e-mail or activate your PM.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
picman
Heirophant

Unread post by picman »

Thank you all for the warm welcome and for the tip re Photoworld, I just subscribed :D

Cheers, Bob.
rogprov
Oligarch

Unread post by rogprov »

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum! :D
Roger
bonneville
Grand Caliph

Unread post by bonneville »

Dr. Harout wrote:Please Brian send me your e-mail or activate your PM.
Done :)
Links to my: Flickr Blog Twitter