Hello from the Wirral peninsula

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Wirralpix
Acolyte

Hello from the Wirral peninsula

Unread post by Wirralpix »

Hello forum members from the Wirral peninsula in Merseyside, UK. I'm an amateur of three years starting off my hobby with a Sony F717 before moving to the Minolta5D and now A700. I suppose Wirral's only claim to fame apart from Tranmere Rovers ( famous in Tranmere) is as the home of the Open Golf Championship at Hoylake so what better way to mark my first post than with a shot of Sandy Lyle in 2006.

George

Cogito
Grand Caliph

Re: Hello from the Wirral peninsula

Unread post by Cogito »

Welcome, George! Thank the lord you're not Scottich and felt the urge to post a pic of Colin Montgommery :twisted: :twisted:
DK should respond soon..............
2006.. So the shot was with the F717?
Nowt wrong with Tranmere, I support Spurs and have done for nearly 60 years. And was brought up in Middlesex which doesn't even exist anymore!
Tony
Be you ever so high, the law is above you. Lord Denning
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Welcome :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Either that's a really long lens or the Hoylake course is in the middle of a housing estate :-) We are still waiting for one of the new local courses to snag a really big tournament. Roxburghe (created by the Duke of Roxburghe a decade ago and opened by Montgomerie) has staged the Scottish Seniors Open. Cardrona is a bit of a joke, because the Disneyland village they built there - new homes for commuters without much taste or any soul - has fallen foul of a serious problem and they've been digging it up. Seems that the affluent people who bought there had no idea how the world functions. The sewer system came to a halt, blocked by disposable nappies and baby pants flushed down the loo. The extent of the blockages under the gardens, roads, and driveways has been enough to mean the drains have had to be excavated. Of course, half of the sales were aimed 'golf retirement' buyers, and it will be another decade or so before they start trying to flush incontinence pads the same way...

David
Wirralpix
Acolyte

Unread post by Wirralpix »

It's a bit of both David. The course boundary is a road with some pretty expensive property on it and I was using a Sigma 170-500mm on the Minolta5D. You were allowed to take a camera on the course during the practice days and I had a very enjoyable day shooting sports. With the noisy shutter of the 5D I needed the 500mm of the sigma. The sad thing is I haven't found the time since July 2006 to shoot any more sports.

George
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

mnop986 wrote:I give you endless brand-new good wishes. Please accept them as a new remembrance of our lasting friendship. -from world of warcraft wow power leveling
Just by courtesy, I welcome you on this forum, but allow me to remind you that this is a photography forum, and more specifically a very educative and friendly forum for Alpha/Minolta mount users. It is quite probable that some of us might like those things in your "wow world" or whatever it is, but believe me this is not the place. If you are interested on how to shoot your "wow" things, then you might just ask here on this forum and you'll get your answer. No offense intended.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

heh... took me a second to realize what this is about. I beleive that post is probably gone and not comming back. might even be a Bot but I don;t see how that could get on here.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

He has been banned.

David