Hi all

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Beakydave
Initiate

Hi all

Unread post by Beakydave »

New member here!

A Minolta user (ex-Canon) since 1990 (I still have my trusty 700si, sadly gathering dust, occasionally getting use just to keep the mechanism free), I am having enormous fun with the 7D.

I don't have any particular favourite subjects - if it's there, I'll photograph it, but I guess most of my photography is people and scenes.

Like most, can't wait to see the new Sony models in the flesh. Hopefully the 7D will keep running as I doubt whether I'll be able to afford a new one yet (still trying to hunt down a fair-priced 28-70 G) but it's good to know that there should be a replacement should the 7D fail on me. (The A100 is nice, but just too small for my 'man hands'.)

Dave
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Hi all

Unread post by bakubo »

Beakydave wrote:A Minolta user (ex-Canon) since 1990 (I still have my trusty 700si, sadly gathering dust, occasionally getting use just to keep the mechanism free), I am having enormous fun with the 7D.

I don't have any particular favourite subjects - if it's there, I'll photograph it, but I guess most of my photography is people and scenes.

Like most, can't wait to see the new Sony models in the flesh. Hopefully the 7D will keep running as I doubt whether I'll be able to afford a new one yet (still trying to hunt down a fair-priced 28-70 G) but it's good to know that there should be a replacement should the 7D fail on me. (The A100 is nice, but just too small for my 'man hands'.)
Are you still using your KM 7D? Moved on to a Sony model?
Beakydave
Initiate

Unread post by Beakydave »

Thanks for asking.

Moved on to the A700 when the 7D's sensor began to play up (my daughter still uses it occasionally). A700 now showing its age, so waiting to see how the A77 successor stacks up.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Beakydave wrote:Thanks for asking.

Moved on to the A700 when the 7D's sensor began to play up (my daughter still uses it occasionally). A700 now showing its age, so waiting to see how the A77 successor stacks up.
There were so many things to like about the 7D. Nice ergonomics and the wonderful and new AS. I went through 2, but both were defective. After Sony bought KM I was able to get them to finally give me a full refund on my second (replacement) 7D. If not for the manufacturing (or whatever) defects though I would have used it for longer. I also got an A700 later (Canon 30D and Sony A100 in between). I still have the A700, but don't use it anymore. It also had a defect that Sony never was able to fix, but it wasn't as fatal as the 7D defects so I used it for a long time. Moved on to a Canon 60D after that and then to m4/3 in 2012.

Hope the A77 update looks good for you.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Well Henry, that must be the record for the longest follow up to a post :) Nearly 7 years! It is good to know you are still around Dave.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Birma wrote:Well Henry, that must be the record for the longest follow up to a post :) Nearly 7 years!
But it had never been responded to by anyone. The 7D sure had a lot going for it at the time. Too bad I ended up with 2 defective lemons.
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by mikeriach »

Unless the A77 MkII is a super weapon and reasonably priced, it won't be joining my camera collection.
Happy with the A99 and A77 for now, just adding some glass and clearing out the cupboard (also a 700Si and grip)

If you are looking for something different to shoot, there is a military exercise centering around RAF Lossiemouth starting on monday for 2 weeks. Quite a few foreign visitors such as French, German, US Navy, Canadian and New Zealand. The Aussy plane pulled out as it was tied up in the search for the B777 down under. You'd probably need a 70-300 type lens.

Mike
All my Sony SLT gear gone. Still got my RX100 though.