Howdy from Fort Worth, Texas!

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Howdy from Fort Worth, Texas!

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Hi everyone. I've been on the forum now for a little over a week, but I've been frequenting photoclubalpha since before I had an A700. I graduated up from an overworked Maxxum5 this spring with a 50/1.7, a beercan, a 3500i flash and a Sony F56 flash. The A700 has been good to me and I've grown more as a photographer in the last three months than I did in the past eight years. Why did I wait so long?

As is says in the subject line I come from Texas, though I travel out of it as much as I can. I work at a pediatric hospital on a pschiatric unit, taking care of troubled kids and equipping their parents to do the same. I've recently begun venturing out into the world of paid photography, and am very interested to learn whatever there is to learn about getting started.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Howdy from Fort Worth, Texas!

Unread post by aster »

Hello Kevin, :D

A warm welcome from me to you.
Been reading your posts the past week, and looking forward to more on cameras and life....You have a very important job with kids. I'm sure each parent appriciates your guidance!

Good luck,
Yildiz
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

A very important specialty you have Kevin.
Take care.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Tonight, playing with one of my kiddos, I made a full scale mock-up of an A900 with legos. It had the contoured grip, the AF assist lamp, most of the buttons, both LCDs, a dial on the top and a switch on the back. Best of all was the detachable 85/1.4. I love my job.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Wait for photokina! I bet Sony does what the old Minolta team always used to, and creates a giant rotating Alpha 900 on a plinth.

David