Another from Oz

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
setanta

Another from Oz

Unread post by setanta »

Hi, I thought it was about time I introduced myself. My name is Tom and I have lived in Sydney Australia for the past 20 years after emigrating from Ireland with my wife and children. I have always had an interest in photography but never really got into it in a big way until a few years back when digital started making inroads. My first foray into digital was a second hand KM A2 which I still have and found it to be a great little camera with AS and a really good lens. About a yer later I bought a new KM 5D with 18-70 and 75-300 kit lens and that was it, I was hooked. The first Minolta lens was the 70-210 Beercan which I still think is a classic lens I find the colours amazing and good bokeh, I then bought a new 7D which I got for a really good price on Ebay and also the KM 28-75 to go with the 7D.
I recently bought a new A700 at a bargain price on Ebay (Where would we be without Ebay) it arrived last week but I have'nt had a chance to test it outside yet as it was raining over the weekend.

I have become a bit of a lensaholic and accumulated too many lenses along the way so at least half will have to go plus a couple of cameras I tink. I would class myself as a keen amateur and just like taking photographs of everything and anything whether it be street,landscape,wildlife whatever I just enjoy having a camera in my hands and not to be too serious about it.
Well that's enough of my ramblings for now.

Cheers
Tom
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Another from Oz

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Welcome Tom, and enjoy your springtime, we are just about go into autumn but in truth, it's a far more photogenic season than a Scottish summer - our best months are April to early June, then September to early November, and of course if we are lucky enough to get snow (not so common with the increase in winter temperatures) that can make Feb/March photogenic.

David
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Welcome to the forums, Tom! I like your style, "keen amateur." Like you, I got my a700 at a bargain price (wedding present, actually) and stay fairly casual with it. After some time spent on the forums, I find my attention to good photography increasing. I and many others here look forward to hearing from you and sharing alike. :D
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Tony Meredith
Initiate

Unread post by Tony Meredith »

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum. could you pm me a list of the lenses you would like to sell.

cheers,
Tony
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hi Tom and welcome. Nice thing you bought the A700. Enjoy it, and as DK said it's spring time down under, so you have a lot to shoot :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
setanta

Unread post by setanta »

Thank you guy's for the warm welcome, Yes David I remember some beautiful Autumn days in Ireland I would say much like Scotland but don't miss the winters at all. Had a day off work yesterday and took the A700 with the 28-70G and 80-200G out for a trial run and was impressed by how fast the AF is compared to the 5D/7D. Like you Kevin with this camera I may just start taking my photography a bit more seriously. Tony have sent a PM about the lenses.
Cheers
Tom