Hello from Colorado

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Motofotogirl21

Hello from Colorado

Unread post by Motofotogirl21 »

I'm an amateur with a love of shooting landscapes, b & w, and motocross. I've been told I have a great eye and I like to get creative with different POV's. I've developed my own style and would like to continue to progress, but my largest hindrance is my lack of knowledge of the fundamentals of photography. For example, when asked what lens I'm using, "I reply the big one." Or, when asked about the settings used to get a particular shot, I can tell them the f stop, etc., but I honestly have no idea what that means in relation to the great shot I just took. So, I would love a recommendation of a book (preferably a "boring" textbook style) that will teach these concepts. Your input is greatly appreciated and I look forward to being apart of this community. (FYI, I've never taken part in a forum before so, please let me know if I over step the boundaries of proper etiquette.)
DSC09377.jpg
DSC09377.jpg (174.36 KiB) Viewed 5718 times
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Hello from Colorado

Unread post by Dusty »

Welcome to the forums!

I'll have to check my library for the beginner books that I have, and honestly, many of them are probably years out of print, all deal with film, although the fundamentals are the same.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).