Another guy from St. Louis, - USA

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
smulnik
Grand Caliph

Another guy from St. Louis, - USA

Unread post by smulnik »

Hi youzzz guys!
Just like many others, I've been visiting this site on-and-off for many years for the great photos, great advice, and great personalities. I feel like I know you all.

I became interested in photography at the age of 13 (in the '70s) when my older brother gave me his old Pentax ES. But then shortly after that I became interested in dancing with girls :D so photography took a backseat until a few years ago.

I don't consider myself a pro photographer but I do an odd job now and then for family and friends. Besides my day job I am a part-time professional dancer. What I really love is photographing my fellow dancers. A few years ago, while rehearsing with the St. Louis Ballet (shameless plug :wink: ) I swayed the director into letting me take photos. Fortunately everything went well, and now whenever the company casts me to dance in a production I often get asked to do the "backstage" photography too. So now I'm kind of a package deal for them (dancer/photographer). That's become my biggest gig. Combined with my day job, I don't have much time for anything else.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to participate on this site from time to time. I hope you all don't mind looking at dance photos.
Have a great day!
Sig (aka Zyg)
A7 III - A99 - NEX 7 - A900 - A100 - RX100 IV
the_hefay
Viceroy

Re: Another guy from St. Louis, - USA

Unread post by the_hefay »

Welcome Zyg and post away.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Sig, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your thoughts on the discussions :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
smulnik
Grand Caliph

Unread post by smulnik »

Thanks for the welcome, guys. It might take me awhile to get warmed up. I'm still learning how everything on the member's side of the site works. I don't know if I'll be able to bring anything to the discussions other than an occasional emoticon. :?
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

smulnik,

Welcome to PCA from the the other STL man. I'm in Ferguson (I'm sure you've heard of it).

We won't mind ballet pics if you don't mind flowers and animals.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
smulnik
Grand Caliph

Unread post by smulnik »

Dusty!!! It's an honor and a privilege, sir. I had seen your previous posts about Ferguson and was aware that you lived there. I have several other friends that live in that area also and I was concerned for all of you. I hope everything is going okay.

I love the animal, flower, and portrait photos. They are part of the reason I like to come back to this site time and time again. I'm always eager to see the new posts in "Give it your best shot." It's an addiction! :)

Sig
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

A bit late but a big welcome from this side of our planet.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr