Challenge to David Kilpatrick

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Fotogeorge
Heirophant

Challenge to David Kilpatrick

Unread post by Fotogeorge »

Hadrian and Antoine walls roman britain.jpg
Hadrian and Antoine walls roman britain.jpg (86.1 KiB) Viewed 51052 times

I love to read about history. I even have a subscription to Pocketmags and David Kilpatrick's magazine. I read a story about Rome's walls in Britain. I noticed on a map, that there was a fort along the Antonine Wall, called "Old Kilpatrick." I don't know, if David Kilpatrick is aware of the existence of this fort. Maybe there is a connection with the Kilpatrick family in Scotland.

I'm into DNA and have had several analysis, that helped me trace my paternal family back 6 centuries to Velkey Novgorad Russia and conflict with Ivan IV. Well, now I know what my paternal family did for the past 6-12,000 years. That is another story.

I wonder, if David knows about the Antonine wall and the old kilpatrick fort. I'd love to ask David to locate and photograph the old Kilpatrick fort. It would make a good story in his magazine. It's just a thought that probably just die in my mind. Looking at the map and the numerous Roman forts, I wonder if any of the forts became locations of later towns or villages. This could be an interesting investigation for a student of Scottish history. It's only a thought. I recall years ago, someone traced and photographed the march of Napoleon's army from France to Moscow. The roads remained, but the scenery changed in many ways. It wasn't an easy task.

The forts were just sound posts to notify the Legion of activity and movements to breach the walls. The forts were not large constructions. The Antonine wall may no longer exist.

I hope Mr. Kilpatrick will address my post.
KM7D, Sony A350, A580, A-700, A57, A65, A5100 , a6500 , & a7iii, plus a bunch of lenses.