Am I getting old ha ha

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bonneville
Grand Caliph

Am I getting old ha ha

Unread post by bonneville »

Seeing the quote from bakubo in this thread reminded me that I still have all of my 10 year passports and looking at each of the photos (neither taken by me or with Minolta/Sony cameras) I don't seem to have changed a bit :lol:

Image Image Image Image Image

1965, 1975, 1985, 1995, 2005, gulp :!:

(An idiot optician felt I needed to wear specs in '95, but fortunately it turned out that I didn't - hence the Thunderbird's "Brains" impression)

Oh well, only another four or five passports to go (fingers crossed)

Brian
Links to my: Flickr Blog Twitter
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Am I getting old ha ha

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Well, that's an interesting scanning exercise. I might just have all the old passports somewhere, we certainly never threw them away. What I did come across this weekend was a stash of old slides from 1965 onwards, including my first home-processed Ferrania CR50 from 1967 shot on an Olympus Pen D - a strange trip back, and Olympus is just about to launch the new Pen range looking almost exactly like the old D (more so than like the F models).

I don't have a scanner at the moment, but in amongst them is a self-portrait I don't remember taking which was pretty good for a 15-year-old, using a large piece of mirror or maybe glass (could be greenhouse glazing) in an outdoor scene to frame me shooting the pic as a mini-photo in the view.

David
braeside
Grand Caliph

Unread post by braeside »

David Kilpatrick wrote:I don't have a scanner at the moment, but in amongst them is a self-portrait I don't remember taking which was pretty good for a 15-year-old, using a large piece of mirror or maybe glass (could be greenhouse glazing) in an outdoor scene to frame me shooting the pic as a mini-photo in the view.

David
Just photograph them David!
David
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Those are great! It would be helpful if you would identify which is the 1965 image and which is the 2005 image though. :)
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I notice you have that "lensomania" look on the last picture. Are you noticing some kind of a fever and rash lately? :lol:
bakubo wrote:Those are great! It would be helpful if you would identify which is the 1965 image and which is the 2005 image though. :)
Henry, the first from the left is Brian's last portrait after a lifting procedure. :mrgreen:

How about a thread on old shots? :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
bonneville
Grand Caliph

bakubo wrote:Those are great! It would be helpful if you would identify which is the 1965 image and which is the 2005 image though. :)
You're right they are totally interchangable. Trouble is, I'd dropped them on the floor and as I hadn't marked which was which I had to post them in random order :wink: Anyway, I have posted far too many dreadful photos of myself on here so I'm off to browse the other topics.

Incidentally Henry, I do like your website, and especially your blog. Is there here a thread concerning forum member's websites? I can't think of a better place to gather feedback. I'll have a look and if there's not, perhaps I'll start one.

Brian
bonneville
Grand Caliph

Dr. Harout wrote:I notice you have that "lensomania" look on the last picture. Are you noticing some kind of a fever and rash lately? :lol:
Harout you are giving me a complex now. Surely one can't have too many lenses :?: :?: :twisted:
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Only another four or five passport photos to go...hmm lessee No.4 would be in about 2025 and No.5 in 2030...I might have to pop over and witness that event. :lol:
Greg