Photoclubalpha Mag 2009 Issue #3

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
braeside
Grand Caliph

Re: Photoclubalpha Mag 2009 Issue #3

Unread post by braeside »

I found quite an interesting article about the different species of mice. It doesn't mention their love of car HT ignition leads! http://www.animalcorner.co.uk/britishwi ... .html#wood
David
bonneville
Grand Caliph

Unread post by bonneville »

Dr. Harout wrote:Yesterday I saw one of our cats with a rat in her mouth. Who said cats don't hunt rats?
Unfortunately my camera wasn't near. :(
Couple of years ago I just happened to look out of my window with my then new alpha 100 + kit lens to see Mr Bo Jangles bringing a baby bunny home for Yogi (his brother) to play with:

heading home

crossing the road just below the window

Sadly Bo Jo got himself run over shortly after that :cry: and now Yogi and LuLu are confined to barracks
in a fenced area of the paddock

PS no bunnies were hurt during the photo shoot :)

Brian
Links to my: Flickr Blog Twitter
Andy B
Heirophant

Unread post by Andy B »

I subscribed to photoworld about a year ago through a link on alphamountworld.com. I absolutely love the quality of the magazine--both the writing and the photos.

I'm not sure when my world print subscription expires (or if it has already) and don't recall whether or not I signed up for any auto-renewal option. (If I did, it won't work because my credit card number had to be changed recently due to identity theft.) How do I ensure continuous delivery? Will I be contacted about renewing my subscription, or should I just go ahead and renew using the links on the home page?

Andy
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Anyone using the payment on the home page is automatically checked - by me - against the database. The worst that can happen is that you renew a bit early, and save me a reminder email or letter. I usually email to inform of early renewals and confirm the period remaining.

David
Andy B
Heirophant

Unread post by Andy B »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Anyone using the payment on the home page is automatically checked - by me - against the database. The worst that can happen is that you renew a bit early, and save me a reminder email or letter. I usually email to inform of early renewals and confirm the period remaining.

David
Thanks for the quick response, David. I just processed a subscription to the Print & Digital package. My original print subscription was submitted in October 2008.

I should add that your magazine finds its way to Kalamazoo in much better condition than some of the U.S. academic publications that I subscribe to.

Andy
ianmiddy
Heirophant

Unread post by ianmiddy »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Anyone using the payment on the home page is automatically checked - by me - against the database. The worst that can happen is that you renew a bit early, and save me a reminder email or letter. I usually email to inform of early renewals and confirm the period remaining.

David
David - I think mine must be about due - but I could do with another CS-DG1000 - is that subscriber offer only available to new members, or renewals too ?

Thanks

IDM
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Anyone can use that offer - the cases are dead useful for flashguns, lenses, sandwiches, bottles of water...

I carry two of them in my suitcase, often leave the big camera bag behind and just put spare lenses in the zip case.

If you renew with that offer, I just sent the case out of course, immediately, not with the next magazine!

David