Ruffled feathers

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Ruffled feathers

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Hey David old Salt,
Are you around?
What's happening with the dpr caper?? are you able too log in and post yet??
Regards
Greg
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Ruffled feathers

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I am not able to post, but to be honest, not having to think about dPreview nonsense (which a lot of it is) has made for a rather more productive and relaxed week this week. I'm away for another week anyway, and would not be able to be there. I may decide to have less to do with dPreview, and Paul at Sony agrees. He thinks it detracts from my ability to produce good content for photoclubalpha, and I'm flattered that he should even care at all about photoclubalpha!

David
binder
Acolyte

Unread post by binder »

In the immediate excitement of my new A700 I was an avid reader of the Sony SLR forum on DPreview. More recently I have found the best way of sorting the gold from te dross was to always access the forum via your (DK) posts and where necessary back track through the threads as required. I would hope that more questions now come to this forum as your insights are very useful. I look forward to more articles on how to get the best from my A700.
paulobro
Initiate

Unread post by paulobro »

David Kilpatrick wrote:(...) to be honest, not having to think about dPreview nonsense (which a lot of it is) has made for a rather more productive and relaxed week (...) Paul at Sony agrees. He thinks it detracts from my ability to produce good content for photoclubalpha, and I'm flattered that he should even care at all about photoclubalpha!
I posit for Sony Alpha users yours are the most informative posting.
Therefore I'll try to read you whenever/wherever I can find you.

That said, if I'd agree with your friend at Sony's you leaving dPreview would undoubtedly be better for photoclubalpha, I'm not so sure it would be better for Alpha users: coming and going, in communications numbers do matter, and dP readership...

But then of course no one better than you knows what's better for you. :)

Read ya!

[]
Paulo
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hi Paulo,
Long time didn't notice you on this site. Welcome back. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr