Coppermine Gallery

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
dewarp
Oligarch

Coppermine Gallery

Unread post by dewarp »

Hi David

OK - so I decided to load some images into the Coppermine Gallery again. The note on the upload page states that each image must be less than 1024 kB each. After uploading five files I tried to allocate them to my albums. One file (606 kB) was accepted, but with the second one I was informed that my total disk space allowance was 1024 kB. Thus one file of this size was all that I was allowed.

What is the real intention?

regards
Peter Dewar
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Re: Coppermine Gallery

Unread post by Cogito »

And, perhaps a silly question, but how does Coppermine differ from "Give it your best shot"?
Tony
Be you ever so high, the law is above you. Lord Denning
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I will study the Coppermine config to see what a is happening - at least you managed one image, which given the changes to Coppermine and the problems with making it work again, is a relief. The 'Give it Your Best Shot' thread is intended for links to Flickr, pBase, Photobucket and so on - or our own Coppermine gallery. The photoclubalpha local gallery is actually very popular with non participant visitors to the site. Losing it with the php changes lost us a good deal of traffic.

David
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Cogito »

Thank you, David.
And by the way I had the same problem as the OP. Uploaded 4 images each <1024k. Managed to get one image into a gallery but was then told I'd exceeded my 1024k....
Tony
Be you ever so high, the law is above you. Lord Denning