Amazing Sony site

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Amazing Sony site

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Well, sorry for the title. The fact is I really hope someday Sony will have a site for photos only made with Alpha DSLRs and Sony lenses, like this one http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com.
Anyone would like to comment?
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Re: Amazing Sony site

Unread post by Cogito »

Nice site and photos. But to be cynical, what would you expect?
There are a lot of excellent piccies at Dyxum but obviously not 'sponsored' by Sony.
Sony do seem to be a little distant with their customers!!!
Tony
Be you ever so high, the law is above you. Lord Denning
Dr. Harout

Yes, but on Dyxum.com or here on Photoclubalpha.com you have a forum, kind of chat sometimes.
You are absolutely right that you may find (I would say: you can find) lots of excellent pictures worthy of being exhibited all around the world, but you have to find them in the topics.
As for the Pentax site, you get right to the point, i.e. beautiful picture and underneath the camera and the lens (both Pentax of course). Well that's a brilliant way to attract customers imho.
As I see it (and I might be wrong) Sony has let its regional agencies/distributors to take care of that, giving them an initiative right and it's up to the latter to create such sites on a regional basis (or am I dreaming).
Alas, people at Sony offices have no idea about photography. They can answer any question concerning TVs, PS, VAIO etc, but not on photography. So it'll take time, and since we are not immortals, we would be happy to see that in our time and leaving after us a great heritage to future generations...
OK, time to wake up :x :x

Flickr
Omega892
Oligarch

Unread post by Omega892 »

Dr. Harout wrote:Alas, people at Sony offices have no idea about photography. They can answer any question concerning TVs, PS, VAIO etc, but not on photography. So it'll take time, and since we are not immortals, we would be happy to see that in our time and leaving after us a great heritage to future generations...
OK, time to wake up :x :x
By 'offices' I take it you mean Sony retail outlets, in which case I agree.

I have purchased much Minolta and now some Sony kit, not to mention Lowepro bags and various tripods, monopods, printers and other stuff, from my local LCE (London Camera Exchange) branch having delt with them since the early 1980s when they were Fareham Cameras. Long term relationships like this can beat a couple of pound off by buying from mail order.

The local Sony branch happens to be right next door so a couple of months ago I walked in and started asking questions about the A700 and associated lenses. It became clear that photographic product knowledge was rather thin on the ground as the assistant could not answer questions of which I already knew the answers.

I shall buy any future camera from LCE next door.

Now back to battling with Norton Internet Security 2008 (3 computer licence) the installation of which has just locked up one computer - had to hit the off button (Ouch!) - dare I risk it on two other machines?
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin
Dr. Harout

Yes, by "offices" I meant retail outlets. Omega892 your guess was a bulls eye. :D
As for Norton, well I quit using it for a long time, makes the PC very hard to run. I'm using McAfee now. Hope will not disappoint me.

Flickr
Dr. Harout

I have found just one site which might have a resemblance to the Pentax one here: http://upload.a-system.net/photo/list/lens_id/52

Flickr
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

There are a few of those Far Eastern sites which copy Sony colours - we have been warned about doing so in strong terms - or using the Alpha symbol.

David