Anybody up for a new type of burger?

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Anybody up for a new type of burger?

Unread post by Dusty »

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/06/ ... p=obinsite

Not sure I want to do that way.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Anybody up for a new type of burger?

Unread post by Birma »

:shock:
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Hmmmm... So up to this point we have to choose between eating poop burgers, or Soylent Green in our overcrowded cities... I'm going with the Soylent!
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
KevinBarrett

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

KevinBarrett wrote:SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!
Yep, that was the final solution to overpopulation in that movie, (scary btw) I just forget how they decided who was an eater and who was an eatee. :shock:
Greg

ps. I think I'll pass on the recycled poo idea, but who knows it might come to pass one day that there could be a shortage of poo....the mind boggles.
Pirate
Oligarch

Unread post by Pirate »

Sounds like a cr@p idea to me . . . .
KevinBarrett

Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

one day there might be wars fought over protein....
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I don't think wars fought over who gets to starve and who doesn't would be covering any new ground, looking at history. But yeah, in the future it's just the question of what the winner gets too eat...kaf kaf...maybe they'll eat the loosers first. I read something once, that in the future they will lock up the 'normal' people nice and safe, and let all the rest run loose, there being so few of the former by then and so many of the latter...actually that day might not be far off come to think of it.
On the ghastly/gross scale that cheeseburger/spamburger would rank right up there I reckon, maybe an 8 or 9 out of 10, but not quite up to the standard of the recycled poo idea, that’s definitely a 10 out of 10.
One wonders what the Chinese fake shops would be able to do with that seeing as how they can make fake/artificial eggs that are cheaper than real eggs but totally worthless, it would be a challenge as that one is worthless already, but you never know they might be able to do a fake copy of a German artificial cheeseburger at half the price.
Greg
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Ask a farmer about making poo into food. they willll tell you they've been doing it since the beginning of time and didn't need a lab.

Cheeseburger in a can... well thats new :) Bet it started as a bet in a bar...

I'll bet I can get people to eat a bur........
Dusty

Unread post by Dusty »

Yes, any farmer can make poo into food, but it takes a while. First you have to get it to break down into nutrients, then you have to have a plant grow from it, and, to get it to meat, you have to get the cow/sheep/pig/etc. eat it. Takes a bit longer!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
KevinBarrett

Greg Beetham wrote:I read something once, that in the future they will lock up the 'normal' people nice and safe, and let all the rest run loose, there being so few of the former by then and so many of the latter...actually that day might not be far off come to think of it.
I've been working nine days straight on a pediatric Psych unit and, honestly, I don't need any suggestions of the kind!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Hey KB don't shoot the messenger, you would have to agree that 'civilization' is in gradual decline, rotting from within, things are worse now accross the world than at just about any time in the past. Things are ok here, not much crime, just the usual rable of anachists, petty crims and vandals, some drug users and time serving politicians etc. but in lots of places the news ranges from bad too very bad on the domestic front.
One thing that's different now on the internationl front is the certifiable despots and fundamentalist nutjobs seem to have bigger guns and more tanks and bombs than in the past and if they are happy to use them on their own populations would they hesitate to use them on or in other countries if they thought they could get away with it? I have to wonder how long it's going to be before some ratbag gets a hold of nuclear type material, it won't be long after those reactors in an oil rich state in the middle east start producing it I think.
Sagan and Susuki were right, it's only going to take longer than they thought.
Greg
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

Yes but by harvest time theres many many tons of food. and while the meat is still cows it doesn't have to be refrigerated and lasts years!

Too bad this story turned out to be a hoax.
http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_ ... meat_viral

I started looking to see if it was true when I read the name of the machine "Exploder" seems very unscientist like.
Dusty wrote:Yes, any farmer can make poo into food, but it takes a while. First you have to get it to break down into nutrients, then you have to have a plant grow from it, and, to get it to meat, you have to get the cow/sheep/pig/etc. eat it. Takes a bit longer!

Dusty
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Hoax or no hoax, I doubt very much that they would ever sell a single poop burger too anyone, if they knew where it came from that is.
Greg