Double BDay

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Double BDay

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Congratulations to Henry and Paul Murphy (Murph).
Cheers to both and best wishes.

and I really wish Henry gets cured from his relapsing canonitis and gets to normal sonical life.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Double BDay

Unread post by Dusty »

Best wishes to both!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Well spotted Doc - Happy Birthday both :D .

(I wonder how Paul is getting on with his new kit?)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Have a good one guys!
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Darn, saw this too late. Happy birthday gents!

Mark
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Unread post by paulmurphy »

Thanks a lots for the kind wishes guys, and happy birthday Henry.

I still call here quite often and follow whats being discussed, David's lead articles are always a good read and its a friendly community. I haven't posted as I dont want to force my non Minolta/Sony pics on you.

I have been shooting a lot and getting used to a new system. I'll post a few recent ones if you don't mind

I've become and uncle for the first time

This is my neice Chloe

I've been up at sunrise a lot

I've met some strange and interesting people

I've also been going to work early to take pictures like these

There are loads more but I won't overdo the pictures.

Best wishes

Paul

(I've got the day off - present to myself, so I'm off to Washington wildfowl trust to see what wildlife is up and about
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Dr. Harout wrote:Congratulations to Henry and Paul Murphy (Murph).
Cheers to both and best wishes.
I just saw this. Strange that earlier in the day it didn't show up. Thanks, Doc!
Dr. Harout wrote: and I really wish Henry gets cured from his relapsing canonitis and gets to normal sonical life.
Well, I still use my A700 and occasionally the A100 along with using my Canon 60D and new Canon S95 digicam. The Sony bodies still drive me up the wall sometimes with their defects, but they are still usable and I prefer IBIS and because my set of A-mount lenses I tend to use the most are relatively small and light. If I had the feeling that Sony had most of the A77 firmware problems fixed then I could get along with it, but being in Japan means there is no way I would buy one here. Sony deliberately restricts the Japan bodies to a Japanese only menu that can't be changed and the price with the current terrible exchange rate means the camera is much more than in the U.S. Those two things make it easy for me to not give in to any kind of temptation. :lol: I have to say though that I am curious if the urban legend that some Japanese companies reserve somewhat better quality copies for their home market is true in the case of Sony. Japanese aren't so accepting of inferior quality as other countries it seems so I can't help but wonder if gear that has gone through additional quality checks or parts that have been subject to that get used for stuff sold here. No idea, but I can say that I have never bought anything with a defect here in Japan. Anyway, there is no way to know. :)
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

paulmurphy wrote:Thanks a lots for the kind wishes guys, and happy birthday Henry.
Happy Birthday to you too, Paul!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Happy birthday, Paul and Henry. :D

Just realized that some of the most prominent members of the forum are enjoying a special day. : ))

I hope you both have a memorable day with the loved ones and things.

Paul;

I hadn't realized that you shifted to a different camera system hence my wonderings of where you went off to now and again.

Good to see some good shots from after so long. Cute niece and scene shots. She's already very trendy in her pinks from Clavin Klein...

: )

Yildiz