Photos inside a Tokyo camera store

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Photos inside a Tokyo camera store

Unread post by bakubo »

I was in a Bic Camera a few days ago and I was carrying my Olympus E-M10II + 25mm f1.8. Always lots of stuff out to look at and play with. I took the 25mm off and mounted the new Olympus 8mm f1.8 fisheye and took a photo inside of the store. I forgot and left the electronic shutter turned on, but I don't notice any banding even though the store had fluorescent lights.

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Cool picture, Henry. Really glad that they don't have places like that around here. It would be bad for my credit card! ;)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by mikeriach »

I was stunned when we visited one. I have never seen such a big selection of kit.
In place of the usual half a dozen tripods there was a section of floor approx 4m x 4m just covered in every conceivable make and model plus perhaps 30-40 mono pods. Just amazing. I don't think there was anything they didn't have. Each camera make had at least 1 or 2 of each (every) model they had so you could try every single camera.
My only local camera shop (Jessops) had a Sony A58 and a single A7 model. Canon had a 7D plus 2 smaller models and Nikon a D7100 and D3200. There was a small scattering of Olympus and Fuji.
All my Sony SLT gear gone. Still got my RX100 though.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

A few days ago I was in a big Yodobashi and walked by this Hasselblad X1D II 50C + 45mm f3.5 lens out for play. No one around to bother me. As usual. Even very expensive gear is just sitting out to play with and no one hovering over your shoulder. :)

OLYE1229.jpg
OLYE1229.jpg (157.23 KiB) Viewed 31131 times
Fotogeorge
Heirophant

Unread post by Fotogeorge »

That is a beautiful Hasselblad . How much do they want in US money?
KM7D, Sony A350, A580, A-700, A57, A65, A5100 , a6500 , & a7iii, plus a bunch of lenses.