Big Bosses have Big BDays

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Big Bosses have Big BDays

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Happy Birthday David.
May I wish you, first of all, a great health which is the most important, I guess... unless... hey wait a minute, I changed my mind... instead of health, make it luck... after all too many of the Titanic people were healthy, but few were lucky enough...
On behalf of our local PCA members we wish you the best and with a hope to have you with us here in our country.
Cheers Big Boss :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
InTheSky
Viceroy

Re: Big Bosses have Big BDays

Unread post by InTheSky »

Bonne fete David alors :-)
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Ah, the hour has not yet struck... thanks! Time zones do funny things but I don't know how Frank's could make me a year older than I am.

It is another day of work here because as luck would have it, it's also a final deadline day for a magazine issue. I just managed, today, to stop a pension company starting a pension for me on really bad terms. My advisor had forgotten to act for me, and if I had not mentioned it, the trigger would have been pulled on a really old pension plan I paid for 30 years ago, when I was silly enough to think anyone might retire at 60.

So, I have NOT become a pensioner (even a very small one) yet. The paperwork is being changed for 65. But by the time that comes round, the government will be saying we all have to work until we are 70 - and when we reach that, they will decide 75 is a much more sensible age...

David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Happy b-day David, the government here were making similar noises at one stage too, shifting the retirement age back to 70 or even 75 from 65 so we can pay for their mismanagement and squander, it’s work til you drop I think, that’s the reward for working people, those that don’t work or have never worked will just continue on doing the same as before, remain on welfare, only thing is their numbers are increasing all the time. Luckily we have the worlds best treasurer (kaf kaf), he’ll probably save us.
Greg
Andy B
Heirophant

Unread post by Andy B »

Happy Birthday, David!

As for retirement, my personal experience has led me to conclude that retirement is highly under-rated!

Andy
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

Retirement is when you stop doing something that you don't have the energy and the passion to do :-) ... (for my definition), so technically you can work at the last day of your life ...

This age for the retirement has been set long time ago because the average people was not able to survive more than this age making sure company will not have to pay for it ...

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

A belated one from me! I had forgotten that you shared a birthday with my sister, although she has only hit the double nickel (55).

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Have a good one I forgot too!
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Happy belated birthday from me as well! I hope you had a great day..
John
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Happy Birthday!
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

A belated happy birthday from me as well DK :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I had a one-day-late birthday since I was working on Friday until late. Went to Edinburgh on Saturday evening, daughter had done some silly balloons and made a sort of cake with too few eggs - only had 2 left... funny because we took her six fresh ones from our hens. We went to a rather trendy French bistro restaurant where I think the food was quite variable - some did better than others, not sure I really liked 'rare' lamb's kidney as I never expect that kind of thing to be cooked rare, but I have survived. Three of us all went for LAVENDER creme brulee, only to discover than one single dessert would have been enough for all... huge! We ate the lot of course.

So, I am now in my sixty-first year - but prepared to spell that sixty-thirst, and have another beer!

Cheers!

David
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Salut!
;-)
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Happy birthday David!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --