The graying of traditional photography

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bakubo
Tower of Babel

The graying of traditional photography

Unread post by bakubo »

I don't check Kirk Tuck's site everyday, but after finding his article about the 7/7r yesterday I went back today to check something in it. I then found this new article and found it much more interesting than the 7/7r article. :lol:

The graying of traditional photography and why everything is getting re-invented in a form we don't understand.

http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com/20 ... raphy.html

I don't know how old he is, but from his photo I guess he is several years older than me, but we are probably in the same generation or close to the same generation. Although he seems to lump all over 50 year old photographers into the same group of being very focused on the technical qualities of photos and having big gear it is probably just because among his peer group that he has been a member of all these years they and he are like that. Actually, a lot of what he wrote about younger people resonates more with me than what he wrote about the 50+ people. The younger ones, according to him, think more like what I have thought for the last 40+ years, but I always felt rather lonely in that thinking since it seemed like there weren't so many others among people closer to my age.

Anyway, I think people here will find the article interesting because it touches on so many of the things that get discussed here a lot.