I hope Aster is doing fine

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

I hope Aster is doing fine

Unread post by pakodominguez »

After last night events in Turkey...
:-/
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: I hope Aster is doing fine

Unread post by aster »

Hi Pako; :)

Thank you very much, I'm fine and so are the rest of the nation hopefully. Sorry for the belated reply, I was engrossed in Turkish media coverages since 10:30 pm, Friday. You can imagine why.

I indeed had a very eventful 'attempted coup' experience with F16 fighter jets flying overhead and helicopters passing close by. It was a loud Friday night that many bombs went off. The Parliament in Ankara was bombed and there are many damages as a result.

But we're fine except for the 161 civilians and police personel that were killed while they were on the streets in an attempt to stop the tanks and prevent the penetration of ill-intentioned ones to the most important institutional places and buildings.

We're all good now. We'll be much better too hopefully. It was unforgettable for me and for the nation. Not ever.

Glad to be back and write back to you all from a very usual morning in Istanbul, Turkey, our first worry being only the hot weather today and how to cope with it as a citizen. :D

Wishing everyone of us great days in peace and in freedom. We all deserve the best !

Thanks very much,

Yildiz
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I am glad you are fine!
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

I'm glad you are fine, Yildiz.
hot weather, yeah... it's been a hell of a summer -and still a month and a half to go :-/
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Very glad to hear you are ok, Yildiz.

When I saw the pictures of tanks on the bridges, I immediately thought of your many wonderful Bosphorus pictures and how incongruous it seemed.

Here is hoping that everything returns to peacefulness as soon as possible.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

bakubo wrote:I am glad you are fine!
Thank you, Henry. Glad to be able to follow the forum as well...a sign of normalization. : )
pakodominguez wrote:I'm glad you are fine, Yildiz.
hot weather, yeah... it's been a hell of a summer -and still a month and a half to go :-/
Thank you, Pako. : )

...and no nice cool wind or breeze to help us chill a little...in the evening, maybe... : )

Birma wrote:Very glad to hear you are ok, Yildiz.

When I saw the pictures of tanks on the bridges, I immediately thought of your many wonderful Bosphorus pictures and how incongruous it seemed.

Here is hoping that everything returns to peacefulness as soon as possible.
Thank you, Andy. : )

Our thoughts in line and in juxtaposition with yours exactly! Peacefulness and sanity and mindfulness and good-reasoning with sensitivity and a potent sense of responsibility and modesty, that's what we're hoping from everyone in power and execution positions as citizens of this beautiful country. Not much to ask or demand, really....

Thank you all again for your kind thoughts. Made me feel very much at home being part of PhotoClubAlpha forum. :D

All the best to you all from Istanbul.

Yildiz