Mom's little family camera

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Mom's little family camera

Unread post by bakubo »

Mom's little family camera. Good for the kiddos' birthdays, trips to Disneyland, and school graduations.
Linhof_camera-ad.jpg
(261.02 KiB) Downloaded 3041 times
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Mom's little family camera

Unread post by Dusty »

Not a whole lot larger than the Polaroid I inherited from my Aunt many years ago. They had purchased it on the early 60s to take photos of us wonderful nieces and nephews! They gave it to me, I unfolded it and noticed it still had film in it. I took one shot, and the flash even worked (once and once only)! That camera hadn't been used in 15 years, but still a picture appeared!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Mom's little family camera

Unread post by bakubo »

Yeah, I remember those big, old, folding Polaroid cameras. My uncle had one back in the 1960s and I remember him occasionally taking a photo with it at family gatherings. The key point though is that they folded. :) The result was sort of a flat object that was not too bulky when not in use. I think this camera she is holding though doesn't fold up. I recall seeing a used one very similar to this at a shop in Tokyo a few years ago. Quite large and bulky.