Error attaching photo to post

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Error attaching photo to post

Unread post by bakubo »

I am trying to make a post with a photo attachment. The jpeg photo is 800x707 pixels, 100kb, but I get an error when I try to attach it. There is a yellow exclamation mark and when I click on it I get the message:

Error
Could not upload attachment to ./files/762_c08439df4613e3cf9b2af71e5382ff8b.

I made a screenshot of the error, but I cannot attach it to this post either. :) Can other people attach a photo to a post?

I sent a PM to David yesterday about this, but I noticed a few minutes ago that the forum software never sent it to him. It is stuck in my Outbox folder and does not move to the Sent folder. :(
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Error attaching photo to post

Unread post by aster »

Hi Henry;

You're right. The attachment feature first tries to upload the attachment which can be viewed in a green horizontal progress bar but it's terminated suddenly to be replaced by a yellow triangular warning sign. At least that's how my experience is -this time around-with 3 different-sized photos that were successfully uploaded to the forum in my previous posts in 'Weather..' thread.
So, nothing wrong with the photos' specifics; but they are dismissed by the forum software due to an error, as you say perhaps....?

Hope David can fix it.

Yildiz
the_hefay
Viceroy

Unread post by the_hefay »

Back in February, David sent me this pm.
You may find the upload is interruptred for a few days, sorry. We are moving the domain registration and this may affect the DNS server redirection and also the internal directories used. We should have it fixed as soon as the new server is fully operational.
Even though it's been several weeks, it looks like the problem still hasn't been resolved.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I finally was able to contact David by sending him an email. The PM function on this forum seems to be broken. He replied and said he had fixed the attachment problem. Thanks, David!
the_hefay
Viceroy

Unread post by the_hefay »

Good to hear.