Spam posters

Anything else you want to get off your chest or any public chat you want to continue away from a main topic
braeside
Grand Caliph

Spam posters

Unread post by braeside »

Hi David

I used to run a small phpbb forum, until someone was able to hack into it (because I didn't keep up to date and didn't appreciate the security holes in the old version of phpbb I was running).

From the online manual:

3.5.3: User Management
This panel will allow you to change settings and information for any user on your board. To use it, simply enter a username into the text field and click Submit.
This panel will allow you to edit any part of a user's profile. The panel is identical to the standard profile panel, with a few extra settings at the end. For more information, see 4.7 Profile Settings.
At the bottom of this panel there are Special admin-only fields that are not part of the standard profile settings.
User is Active - You may deactivate/activate a user. This is most often used to activate a user who is having trouble with email activation. A user may not log in while their account is inactive.
Can send Private Messages/Can display Avatar - Both of these may be turned on or off for each user.
Rank Title - Allows you to specify a Special Rank for a user. If "No special rank assigned" is selected, the user's rank will be determined by the normal rank system. For more information, see 3.5.5 Ranks.
Delete this user? - To delete a user, check this box and click Submit. A deleted user's posts are converted to Anonymous posts with their old username as the name specified.

Hope that helps
David
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Thanks - I had not scrolled down far enough - delete is the final option... I also realise now that I can delete posts - had failed to notice a small X box option when in admin mode...