Payment for photos.

The Photoclubalpha team will provide answers but anyone who knows the gen can offer theirs too
Juanito200
Viceroy

Payment for photos.

Unread post by Juanito200 »

I have a question for the group. Last week we had a 'Cultural Diversity' day at work. I took about 85 photos, with probably 40-50 'keepers'. The hospital administration has offered to pay me for the pictures on a CD or thumb drive. How much should I charge? I don't want charge too much, but I really have no idea how much.
I don't know everything that they might use them for, but I could find out. They did not ask me to take the photos. I really wouldn't mind just giving them away, but they did offer to pay. What should I do? When I get home I will post a few for C&C. (My indoor flash technique needs work.)Here is one shot, but most are 'standard' http://sony-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media ... 7882721000
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Payment for photos.

Unread post by aster »

Hi John,

Nice event and nice photo. I like the panache in the motion blur the native dancer's dance act has created.

And for prices...

The best first action would be to inquire how they plan to use them all or any of them as singles. i.e. will they use it for printed material like posters, brochures or website or a mere event album, etc.

Once you know how they will use them, I think advising some price ranges would be easier for us. Stock sites usually licence the images according to the size and the number of copies; like for 20 copies at the size of 1000*700 and for the period of 6 months they pay you $xxx and the like.

Why not check the prices of some popular stock sites for licencing or giving the rights away after you learn where and how they will use them?

Good luck,
Yildiz
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Good ideas.. Thanks aster.. This is uncharted territory for me...
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I can feel the rhythm and the monotonous sound of the drum and the monotonous voice: hayah, heyyah, heyyah.... :wink:
Since this was in a hospital, I might just guess that the medicine man came for the rescue :wink: (sorry...)
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr