GGS Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector For A850

The Photoclubalpha team will provide answers but anyone who knows the gen can offer theirs too
Clarke
Acolyte

GGS Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector For A850

Unread post by Clarke »

These LCD Protectors are available to fit the A900 but I have not seen them (labelled) for the A850. I have not found the manufacturer's web site. Does anyone know if the A900 lcd protector is a perfect fit for the A850?
Thank you.
-Clarke Jones
Johnc
Initiate

Re: GGS Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector For A850

Unread post by Johnc »

As far as I recall, yes.
I used the Zagg Invisible Shield, but drop them a mail to make sure.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Caveat - my glass ones have survived so far except the A550 - it's cracked in one corner and fairly sharp at the end of the crack. Not as toughened as they are made out to be.

David
Clarke
Acolyte

Unread post by Clarke »

Thanks Johnc and David. I think I will still proceed with the GGS protector. I may order 2.
Cheers
-Clarke
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

The GGS I have for my A700 fitted on very easily and looks great (i.e. you don't notice it is there!). I have small mark on it, I think from a careless bump against a jacket zipper. Better than that happening to the actual screen though :)

Going slighlty OT, why are strap anchor points on dslr bodies positioned so they hang with the lens pointing outwards and the "delicate" screen therefore positioned to bump against the wearer.? Wouldn't it be better if the strap attachments allowed the camera to hang lens down? With heavy lenses this tends to happen anyway. I noticed that the NEX5 has strap anchor points so that it lies against the wearer with the lens pointing down - seems a good idea to me.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Clarke
Acolyte

Unread post by Clarke »

Foto tip ,replying to my enquiry, were uncertain that the A900 protector would fit the A850 . Johnc- there is a dedicated A850 invisible shield . Do you think this product is o.k.? Was it easy or difficult to affix?

Cheers
-Clarke