No lens attached

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
zomerzetjlam
Acolyte

No lens attached

Unread post by zomerzetjlam »

I keep getting this message flashing up on the screen whenever I attach a 800mm Samyang lens via adapter to my Sony alpha 100 and try to take a picture - No lens attached - when there very clearly is!

I tooke several very succesfull photo's when I first purchased the lens 3 months ago.....now the camera will not accept it.

Any suggestions???

Yours very frustrated!!zomerzetjlam

Private message
harveyzone
Oligarch

Re: No lens attached

Unread post by harveyzone »

zomerzetjlam wrote:I keep getting this message flashing up on the screen whenever I attach a 800mm Samyang lens via adapter to my Sony alpha 100 and try to take a picture - No lens attached - when there very clearly is!

I tooke several very succesfull photo's when I first purchased the lens 3 months ago.....now the camera will not accept it.

Any suggestions???
In the menus, switch off the shutter lock for no-lens attached. I forget the exact menu item, but it is there somewhere!
If you are using a chipped adapter then it suggests that the chip is not doing it's job. If it is a dumb adapter then you need to change this setting.
--
Tom
zomerzetjlam
Acolyte

Re: No lens attached

Unread post by zomerzetjlam »

Many thanks that has solved the issue. I was using a dumb adapter........I have now also orderred one with a chip in for future use.

Many thanks for your help.