Do you know when I can find a TILT/Shift adapter for Kiev 88

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
InTheSky
Viceroy

Do you know when I can find a TILT/Shift adapter for Kiev 88

Unread post by InTheSky »

I just got a Old Zodiac-8 (30mm Fish Eye) and I wanted to experiment it on my A900 in Montreal Downtown. But I have to find a Tilt/Shift adapter to fit on the camera. I have found Tilt only adapter on Ebay, but there is, I think, some company that have done both (tilt/shift). If you know one, that is available for buying online, I will really appreciate.

Thank your,

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Do you know when I can find a TILT/Shift adapter for Kiev 88

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

If you find one, tell me. I have separate tilt and shift, I could not get them combined. I have the ARSAT 80mm f/2.8 and the Pentacon 50mm Zeiss Flektogon f/4, which is a superb lens.

David
InTheSky
Viceroy

David Kilpatrick wrote:If you find one, tell me. I have separate tilt and shift, I could not get them combined. I have the ARSAT 80mm f/2.8 and the Pentacon 50mm Zeiss Flektogon f/4, which is a superb lens.

David
I have found this : http://www.mirex-adapter.de/tilt_shift_adapter.htm

I sent them an email, and waiting for answer. But after looking on the internet it seams they are VERY HARD to reach ... The adapter looks very good. Probably I'm not helping me posting the link on the forum, but we are there to help together :-).

My other alternative is to keep the lens in my hand and use a rubber ring from the camera to the lens ... but this was probably easy if I had Live view and pivot-able screen has the A550 ...

Regards,

Frank
Frank
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

InTheSky wrote:
David Kilpatrick wrote:If you find one, tell me. I have separate tilt and shift, I could not get them combined. I have the ARSAT 80mm f/2.8 and the Pentacon 50mm Zeiss Flektogon f/4, which is a superb lens.

David
I have found this : http://www.mirex-adapter.de/tilt_shift_adapter.htm

I sent them an email, and waiting for answer. But after looking on the internet it seams they are VERY HARD to reach ... The adapter looks very good. Probably I'm not helping me posting the link on the forum, but we are there to help together :-).

My other alternative is to keep the lens in my hand and use a rubber ring from the camera to the lens ... but this was probably easy if I had Live view and pivot-able screen has the A550 ...

Regards,

Frank
Ther is a review by Peter Ganzel on Dyxum for the Mirex adapter.
I think I prefer to get the whole thing together and not just an adapter: ebay 170410881536
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
InTheSky
Viceroy

Probably it is because I like to much experiencing different kind of lens, on my side, I do prefer having the control of what I want to tilt and shift in front of my camera.

I'm more searching for 35mm angle of view. I'm doing Stock photo for my company (has part time job). And I'm always struggle in small place where Big Test station need to be photograph (6-7 feet tall x 4-5 feet wide). I have found the 35mm F/2.0 of Minolta my best friend in this situation, but fortunately I cannot adjust the angle of the depth of field.

Other situation are for experiencing building street photography where 80mm is not enough wide (even on Full Frame) for my taste to be able to get most of the view.

Mirex just answered me back, asking me for the Camera model I want to use and the Lens I want to put on the adapter ... Keep you post with the rest of the transaction, and if I got the lens, I will probably do some sharing with you.

Regards,

Frank
Frank
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

pakodominguez wrote:Ther is a review by Peter Ganzel on Dyxum for the Mirex adapter.
I think I prefer to get the whole thing together and not just an adapter: ebay 170410881536
Peter Ganzel review: http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/mirex-m645m ... 58749.html

About the ebay item: the same seller has a 35 T/S lens, ususally available on Alpha mount (but isnot on his store now)

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Of course, Mirex and Novoflex will oblige. The problem is the price. Several times what you will have paid for a 30mm Russian lens!

It is worth doing the Mirex adaptor route if you own any of the following: Pentax 645 35mm; Mamiya 645 35mm: Mamiya 645 24mm fisheye; Mamiya/Phase One 28mm.

David
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

David Kilpatrick wrote:
It is worth doing the Mirex adaptor route if you own any of the following: Pentax 645 35mm; Mamiya 645 35mm: Mamiya 645 24mm fisheye; Mamiya/Phase One 28mm
Looking at the Mirex Web site I notice they have an M42 adaptor for Minolta AF (and, therefore, also Sony A mount). So, presumably if I acquired a Mamiya 645 35 mm MF lens I could mount this on the Mirex and have a - near enough 50 mm T&S lens on my A700?????

Does anyone know how good this combination would be for resolution and general IQ? I agree that the Arax 80mm solution is unattractive for T&S as effectively this would be 120 mm on APS-C.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

To my sensibilities, a 35mm lens on an APS-C frame wouldn't need much tilting and shifting, being around 1X in perspective anyway. But medium format lenses would be ideal with their large image circle for shifting, it would be a great one to try out on an A850, A900 I think....not a cheap outfit though. Presumably the M42 adaptor plus the T&S adaptor doesn't move the lens so far out from the sensor that infinity focus is affected/lost? David or Olaf would know about this I think.
Greg
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

The Mamiya, Pentax 645 or Kiev/Hasselblad 1000F/Pentacon adaptors (the last three are basically one mount) all allow infinity focus. The lenses normally focus through and beyond infinity, which is useful as this can be needed with tilt-shift. The manual original 35mm Sekor for 645 is not a superb lens, but it's pretty good by today's standards and would make an excellent general purpose tilt-shift on APS-C. It has enough coverage to be useful on full frame.

A useful combo could be a Bronica 645 40mm of the final series (small front element) fitted with a Soligor 0.75X Pro converter, which is probably the best such w/a afocal front attachment. This would then be a 30mm focal length. But it's impossible to obtain tilt-shift adaptors for Bronica lenses, as they used electronic shutter/iris mechanisms.

David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I have a Bronica 40mm (part of my Bronica kit), I've always thought that those good lenses could/should be put to some extra use, but as you say David the Seiko electronic lens shutter is a show stopper, pity.
Greg

ps. Actually I was just going through my Bronica manual to refresh my memory (it's been a while), the T setting on the lens (undo a small screw that enables a slide switch) is a mechanical open ended time setting for the shutter, the f-stop is set on the lens so all that's needed is a way of actuating it (sutter stays open, iris closes to the pre-determined setting) then the A900 shutter is fired as normal...sounds easy, but probably won't be in practise.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Oops I done a little porky pie, back when (a long time ogo) the local camera shop was selling the Bronica stuff on behalf of some pro (I think they were moving on up to 6X6 or 6X7), there were two people interested in the gear, myself and someone else, and neither of us could afford the entire lot, so the proprietor split it up depending on how much each of us contributed to the total price, we each got a body, lenses, backs, finders, grips, screens and dark slides etc. I did well, I also got the polaroid back a 2X extender and a 28mm tube, I got the AE finder plus the waist level and standard finders, and he got the rotary finder, motor drive, and pro lens hood. Amongst all the lenses I knew there was a 40mm, 50mm, 55mm, 75mm, 150mm and a 250mm.
I remembered getting the 75mm and the 250mm, (I later bought a 100mm macro), and I thought I also got the 40mm, (hardly ever used it), but when I had a look just now it was the 50mm that I actually ended up with, the other guy got the 40mm.
Greg
nonova
Acolyte

Unread post by nonova »

i have the mirex TS adapter (they make on eith Alpha mount, so no need to go for T2 or M42) and I really can recommend it. Superb build quality and endless creative options. Problem is that them minimum focal lenght available is the 35mm mamiya.
So ibought the Arax 30mm medium format fisheye (+ Pentacon /645 adapter), and I guess this is the most uncommon combination used by me ever.
nonova
Acolyte

Unread post by nonova »

here is a video showing the Mirex Tilt&Shift adapter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tibGRQvhopo

I already own this little gem. With an additional Pentacon Six / Mamiya 645 adapter it is possible to mount the 30mm Arsat/Zodiak fisheye on it!