Sony Adapter LA-100W: DSLR lenses on HDV Camcorder Z7E

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
nonova
Acolyte

Sony Adapter LA-100W: DSLR lenses on HDV Camcorder Z7E

Unread post by nonova »

Hi all
there is a discussion (german) on the LA-100W Alpha camcorder adapter:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-LA100W/

Forum:
http://forum.slashcam.de/sony-adapter-l ... 4071b415cf

see videos:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 08BC4E098D

As I understand LA-100W is adapter for the 1/3" camcorder lens mount, so it can also be used for other camcorders (JVC?). Any idea why the adapter has a lens?

thx
Miko
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Sony Adapter LA-100W: DSLR lenses on HDV Camcorder Z7E

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I looked at this device at photokina and the lens seems to be there to make the incoming image more telecentric. It may have some effect on focusing too. The tech data is painfully minimal.

David
PhotoTraveler
Grand Caliph

Unread post by PhotoTraveler »

As david says, info on it is slim.

I think the answer is yes, it would work on other brands, as it brings no automation to the table.

2 things jump out with me about it. First is how it only has aperture marks to F1.4. A mount was designed for up to F1.2. The lack of showing this could be a sign that Sony has no F1.2 lenses planned (which is fine as there is no practical reason for them). That or Sony was trying to avoid rumormill.

Second is I want to see if someone makes a micro 4/3rds to C mount adapter. Then one could put this adapter on that, and be able to directly attach A mount lenses to micro 4/3rds bodies. Of course someone may also make a nice adapter too. But if say panny makes a C mount adapter. You could have a Oly body, with Panny adapter with Sony adapter with a Minolta lens. Be an orgy of camera makers mounted together in your hands.
nonova
Acolyte

Unread post by nonova »

PhotoTraveler wrote:As david says, info on it is slim.

I think the answer is yes, it would work on other brands, as it brings no automation to the table.

2 things jump out with me about it. First is how it only has aperture marks to F1.4. A mount was designed for up to F1.2. The lack of showing this could be a sign that Sony has no F1.2 lenses planned (which is fine as there is no practical reason for them). That or Sony was trying to avoid rumormill.

Second is I want to see if someone makes a micro 4/3rds to C mount adapter. Then one could put this adapter on that, and be able to directly attach A mount lenses to micro 4/3rds bodies. Of course someone may also make a nice adapter too. But if say panny makes a C mount adapter. You could have a Oly body, with Panny adapter with Sony adapter with a Minolta lens. Be an orgy of camera makers mounted together in your hands.
There are already MFT adapters for Alpha lenses available!!!
Novoflex MFT/MIN-AF adapter; price 169 Euro;
http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/ada ... s-cameras/
I remember a post on dpreview someone showing sample images with 35mmF1.4 G lens on Panasonic GH1
PhotoTraveler
Grand Caliph

Unread post by PhotoTraveler »

But that doesn't have the cool/neat factor of being done all with camera makers stuff. I didn't have much doubt such a thing doesn't all ready exist or would soon. But that wasn't the path I was going for.

Anyways, novaflex needs to make their website not suck and actually show pictures of the product. I've always despised their website.
nonova wrote:
PhotoTraveler wrote:As david says, info on it is slim.

There are already MFT adapters for Alpha lenses available!!!
Novoflex MFT/MIN-AF adapter; price 169 Euro;
http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/ada ... s-cameras/
I remember a post on dpreview someone showing sample images with 35mmF1.4 G lens on Panasonic GH1