Lens Hire

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
malcy
Initiate

Lens Hire

Unread post by malcy »

I hope I'm in the right area for this, apologies if not. Could anyone tell me where I could hire a sony 70-200G, perhaps for a few days. Thanks in anticipation.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Lens Hire

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I'm afraid the club's Lens Hire scheme disappeared when Sony stopped supporting the club. It's possible that Adrian may still have a Minolta 70-200mm G SSM for hire though. I think he sold off most of the lenses because Sony did not want him hiring out old Minolta glass, while also being a Sony Alpha dealer. Call him - 01132 448664 - and he'll tell you what is for hire, if anything.

David
malcy
Initiate

Re: Lens Hire

Unread post by malcy »

Thank you David for the prompt reply. The lens was actually for a friend of mine and after weighing up all the pro's and cons she has decided to purchase one of these. Unfortunately she tried one on her a900 on the Sony stand at Focus on Imaging and hasn't stopped talking about it ever since. Sometimes this photography lark can be hard on the ears. {thank goodness they wouldn't let her try the new 500mm f4}