Who made what

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Re: Who made what

Unread post by alphaomega »

Sorry if I have caused confusion with the word "Pico" in my entry above. Naturally I meant "piezo" as in this quote from Tamron's web site on their new 18-270.
The lens features a newly developed piezo ultrasonic motor, which ensures a silent, precise and extraordinary fast autofocus. Furthermore the unique (VC) vibration technology was improved to allow for a more compact design.
So this is my favourite for being converted to E-mount complete with Tamron's own VC system.

notwithstanding what has been written by others, I stand by prediction that this new coating must be for an upgraded version of Sony's 70-300 G lens. I would assume that it this were a CZ lens, CZ themselves would provide the coating technology and probably coat the lens elements themselves. Cannot imagine that CZ would farm out core technology such as advanced coatings.