Best Full Frame Lens for Architectural Work

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
alphaclub_dimo
Acolyte

Best Full Frame Lens for Architectural Work

Unread post by alphaclub_dimo »

Hey all,

I'm starting to get serious about architectural photography and am finding my 20mm f2.8 on my A850 to be too long for some of the tighter shots I need to be able to make. I'm sure this topic has been covered before, but I wanted to know if anyone has thoughts on the Sigma 12-24 vs the CZ 16-35 strictly in terms of architectural photography. I'm shooting mostly residential stuff currently.

Cheers,

Dimo
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Best Full Frame Lens for Architectural Work

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Hi,

After trying different solutions, including the Sigma 12-24, I do stick with the Konika Minolta 17-35 f2.8-4. I use Lightroom and apply the lens profile for the Tamron SP AF Aspherical Di LD 17-35 f/2.8-4 that works pretty well.
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
agorabasta
Viceroy

Unread post by agorabasta »

Get a totally manual Samyang (Samyang/Rokinon/Vivitar/Polar/Bower/Opteka/Falcon) 14/2.8.

It sure has some moustache at the full 14mm, but if cropped to 16-17mm it does not even need any serious geometry corrections beyond the simple barrel. And, being a top quality prime, it can be crop-zoomed to about 24-30mm with higher rez than a good wide zoom.
And then you may even make a 'lens profile' for it, and use it to the full 14mm.
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

I have the Tamron SP 2.8 14mm. Very good detail in the range of F8.0 F11. But again ... unfortunately Canon are better with there tilt-shift lens.

I took time in the past to compare it to the Canon Version 2 : http://www.pbase.com/nadeauf/14mm_canoniil_vs_tamronsp

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )