Difficult night ...

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
InTheSky
Viceroy

Difficult night ...

Unread post by InTheSky »

Difficult night tonight ... I just went to the Post office, because I had two box for me. One free of taxes and the other a little 27$. So, I was thinking ... hum ... that should be the adapter I'm waiting for... (always ask if you can to the seller to check the "gift" option if you can :-))

So back home, I open the box ... and found that on each box: One old Contax Carl Zeiss RF 50mm F1.5 in perfect glass condition, and on the other Leica 40mm F2.0 in pristine condition also with the original S5.5 filter kit (UV, RED, YELLOW, HAZE) and rubber hood + Leitz cap. Both lenses taken on ebay for price I don't believed again I got them (I recommend strongly to use sniper software, so you set your limit for the item you want, but on a big quantity of different item listed ... one day it pays). Well ... beautiful story ... but ... I have those to beautiful girls with me now ... but not yet received the adapter for each one!!!

I promise I will give you my usual walk in picture review for each one, and probably to kind of tripod swapping lens comparison. This is in my project to find the perfect tiny friend to Nex 7 that should arrive in November, but still very good match for the Nex5 (in almost reasonable price ..., both lenses price combine has not cost more than the Nex5 brand new last year).

That's it for my Lenses subject posting :-).

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Difficult night ...

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Congratulations Frank, but you still have sleepless nights ahead till those adapters reach you.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
InTheSky
Viceroy

Finally received one adapter: Sonnar 50mm 1.5

Unread post by InTheSky »

So ... first try with the Old Sonnar 50mm 1.5 on the Sony Nex5.

I have walk around work late as usual when I'm able to stop working. All picture taken at full wide aperture. Close down it is just more detail, but I have bought this lens to use it in this kind of situation. So far ... the lens is a joy to play with. Only the close focus distance of .9 meter can be a little bit disturbing (but I will manage to put a small macro ring If I need close distance).

Full gallery of the first attempt there : http://www.pbase.com/nadeauf/sonnar5015

Nothing very technical with the picture ... as usual take your own conclusion, on my side, I think the lens support well flare (I think that was the best surprise) and the color and the out of focus effect looks natural. I wish to have time at day time to take other shot.

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )