Camera craft "filter test"

Discussion of lenses, brand or independent, uses and merits
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Camera craft "filter test"

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Last issue just arrived (shame it didn't reach the levels of subscription required)
I've not used the entry Zomei but I did get a sample to test that was the high end "HD Pro" MC (multicoated)

I'm so impressed I'm thinking that I won't be buying Hoya or Marumi filters again. Reason? This version has around 14 coatings I fitted it to a tamron 17-50mm (not a lens that has huge flare issues) for a shoot with LED street lighting the shots actually showed less flare than without the filter fitting (LED lights are a nightmare as they are directional and cause all sorts of problems for shooting.

I'm getting Variable ND filter to test I've already looked at their ND1000 one (very good again) Lesson here is always go with the model that has multiple coatings I would give serious consideration to the brand at least their MC Pro HD versions I have no tried the lower end offerings
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Re: Camera craft "filter test"

Unread post by mikeriach »

I found it very interesting. I have heard a few fellow shooters complaining that their filters actually degraded the image and had removed them completely. On inspection I found they were cheap non-branded filters.
I mainly have either Hoya or Sigma but I usually sell a lens with the attached filter so most of my old ones have now been replaced with newer Pro1 or HD usually bought when on special offer or bundled.
All my Sony SLT gear gone. Still got my RX100 though.