Canon G16 review has most interest

For all talk about digital compacts or EVF-SLRs in the Minolta, Konica Minolta or relevant Sony ranges
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Canon G16 review has most interest

Unread post by bakubo »

A few days ago I posted several threads with my user reviews and comparisons of several cameras. It is interesting that the old Canon G16 has the most interest. :) Rather surprising.
pca-screenshot.jpg
pca-screenshot.jpg (69.39 KiB) Viewed 32898 times
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Canon G16 review has most interest

Unread post by bakubo »

The review views are much more even now, but the Canon G16 is still #1. What is interesting is that this thread about the review thread views is by far the most popular. :lol: And, as is usual here, this forum is mostly takers with almost no givers -- not a single reply out of thousands of views. I guess that reflects the sad state of humanity all around the world. Most people are selfish, lazy, and greedy. :(

reviews.jpg
reviews.jpg (67.26 KiB) Viewed 31103 times
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Quite interesting reading your thoughts on them, no doubt they are useful I'm sure lurkers are out there I get no response on my threads bits I've picked up tested a few lenses etc!
The Canon G was pretty popular, not sure if it is these days bar used gear. I did recommend it to a few people back in the day those looking for a decent non SLR camera. I suppose the premium compact segment, that ship has mostly sailed with the rise of the phones.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

bfitzgerald wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:58 pm The Canon G was pretty popular, not sure if it is these days bar used gear. I did recommend it to a few people back in the day those looking for a decent non SLR camera. I suppose the premium compact segment, that ship has mostly sailed with the rise of the phones.
From time to time I take my G16 out for a walkabout. Still such a nice camera. Biggest issue is less DR so must be a bit careful about blowing highlights. My user review was done in 2014.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Current stats:

SS 2023-01-08 at 17.18.16.jpg
SS 2023-01-08 at 17.18.16.jpg (57.88 KiB) Viewed 28968 times