Minolta x700 shutter not operating

Info, discussion, repair manuals, downloads, home fixes, horror stories!
markmadras

Minolta x700 shutter not operating

Unread post by markmadras »

I have a Minolta x700, when pressing the shutter release nothing happens and all the lights in the viewfinder stay on. I have changed both the 220uf capacitors. Any help would be appreciated.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Minolta x700 shutter not operating

Unread post by Javelin »

Maybe the shutter fianlly failed? Sorry I'm not going to ge any help I never had to do anything on mine or my X570 before that. There are a few good bodies around here for sale though
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

It's possible that something, such as tiny piece of film, got stuck in the curtain somewhere.
Anyway, is it your only camera or you do digital too?
And before I forget, welcome to the forum.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Doc has a good point. especially if your using a motor drive. if I use cheap film in mine about 1/50 rolls I could strip the pin holes out of a section of film and it would leave bits inside.
markmadras

Unread post by markmadras »

Dr. Harout wrote:It's possible that something, such as tiny piece of film, got stuck in the curtain somewhere.
Anyway, is it your only camera or you do digital too?
And before I forget, welcome to the forum.
Thank you for the welcome. I have just obtained a Canon EOS 300D and wanted to repair the Minolta so I might stand a chance of selling it on ebay. As I live in rural Spain there are no local camera shops, it is rare to see a Spaniard with a camera, only the brits.
Thanks for the advice, I will have a good look at the curtain to see what I can find.

Has anyone any idea which wires go to the shutter and what voltage should be applied to test it, if the shutter has failed it may be time for the bin or just sell for spares if I can find anyone interested.